Thursday, May 9, 2013

OCC Lip Tar Stained Gloss Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Thursday to you all!  I know it's been awhile since I've done a review but I'm back in action now and what better way to start off than with one of my all time favorite brands, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics?


At The Makeup Show New York this past weekend, OCC debuted their newest addition to the Lip Tar line, Stained Gloss.  I was lucky enough to receive all of them from the amazing David who created the brand and I'm so excited to share them with you!  All of these new lip tars have a translucent, glossy quality to them.  Now, without further ado, on to the lip tars!



Above:  Androgyne

First up is Androgyne, a gorgeous bright orange.  OCC describes it as a "Psychedelic Orange Gel."  I love that this gives a nice pop of color but is still sheer enough that you don't feel like you're wearing neon orange lipstick (although if you follow my Instagram you know how much I love bright orange lipstick.)  The color payoff was decent on Androgyne and they give your lips a nice orange juicy glow.



Above:  Jealous

Jealous was the first of these that I tried and I think it might be my favorite!  OCC describes Jealous as being "Popsicle pink/red" and that's pretty much exactly what it looks like.  This is a very warm pink based red that literally looks like a red ice pop melted and you rubbed it on your lips and it looks amazing.  The color payoff on this was great and the formula was so smooth and glossy!



Above:  Meta

Meta is described as being a "Red Orange Shellac."  This is another one with a big color payoff with a glossy lip!  It's not as sheer as some of the others but still has the glossy, juicy quality of all the Stained Gloss.



Above:  New Wave

New Wave is described as "Glassy neon pink" and again, that's pretty accurate!  This is a BRIGHT pink gloss with a very good color payoff.  This is a great pigmented, juicy pink that's perfect for Spring and summer this year!  The formula was really smooth and just glides on.



Above: Rhythm Box

Rhythm Box is the darkest of the Lip Tar Stained Gloss collection and it's just beautiful!  It's described as being "translucent purple burgundy  and while it looks like that in the tube, on the lips it's more of a deep pink with purple undertones.  I like that this isn't as dark as it looks in the tube because the color payoff on the lip is gorgeous!




Above:  Voyeur

Voyeur is a little weird as some OCC Lip Tars tend to be but then again it wouldn't be OCC without something quirky!  Voyeur is described as "Yellow Glaze creates a Peach Neutral" but on me, it's more just yellow.  Now this isn't one I'd wear on my own BUT I think it could look really cool layered over a more pigmented lip tar.


All in all, I'm a big fan of the new Lip Tar Stained Gloss collection.  There is a pretty good color payout on these for being a gloss and I find I can get about 5-6 hours of wear out of them!  The formulations are pretty smooth, a tad bit sticky when first applied but that wears off in a few minutes and  you get a glossy, juicy color on your lips.  I can't wait to try these over some lipsticks to really add some shine and depth to them!  Here are a few pictures of me wearing Jealous:


The OCC Lip Tar Stained Gloss Collection will be available May 23rd, 2013 at Sephora and OCC for $18 each.

What do you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?
The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

5 comments:

  1. I love lip stains! I'll have to keep an eye open for these once they become available. I'm more into sheer colours, but New Wave looks like it might work for me. Thank you for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are all so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I absolutely love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhythm Box is gorgeous! I saw the glosses at Sephora, but I wanted to read a review or two before buying. Thanks for your review & swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...