Thursday, April 19, 2012

Illamasqua Collide Swatches and Review! (plus some awesome nail art)

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today I have a really fun post for you!  First a sneak peek at a new nail art technique I did last night using striping tape:


Yes, I am obsessed with Instagram.  So today I'm going to show you a really bright Illamasqua polish I picked up during Sephora's VIB sale a few weeks ago!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!

Above:  3 coats of Illamasqua Collide

You only get one picture of this because it's virtually impossible to get a color accurate photograph of a neon and this is the only one that I could get right!  Illamasqua Collide is a NEON pink.  This color is BRIGHT!  My fingernails are glowing right now and I kind of love it!  I've been on a pink kick lately and this is one of my favorites!  The formula was a tad bit thin as neons usually are but three thin coats made this just about perfect.  The above picture has one coat of Seche Vite on top to make it shiny because this neon dries with a mostly satin finish so it's a little dull.  I really love this and if you are looking for the perfect neon pink creme,  here it is!

Now, since I recently received nail art striping tape in the mail and because I love a good accent nail, I decided to try out a criss cross design using one of my favorite Illamasqua polishes, Scorn.




This is probably my favorite manicure I've done since my snowflakes in December.  I'm obsessed!  I'm already planning another striping tape manicure tonight!

All in all, I love Collide.  It's the perfect hot pink for summer.  My hands are seriously glowing right now!  I'm a huge fan of Illamasqua polishes, I have yet to meet one I don't love!  They are a bit pricey at $14.00 at Sephora but so worth it in my opinion!  I also love how the shiny hot pink looks with the black matte of Scorn in this manicure!

What do you think of Collide?  What do you think of this manicure?

31 comments:

  1. that's so fun! such an easy way to make a mani pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! What a great mani - I JUST did stamping but I forsee a stripping tape mani in my the very near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! I loved it so much I did another one last night!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty...I'm going to use my striping tape for the first time this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these colors! I'm such a sucker for black polish. Where do you get striping tape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend sent it to me but I actually just bought more from the website Dollar Nail Art!

      Delete
  5. I love the accent nail. I NEED striping tape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge pink fan but this is a nice combo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink isn't normally my thing either but I surprisingly LOVE collide!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful manicure, very girly and edgy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE striping manicures. and I LOVE pink. Perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow hot pink I loveeee! And the striping is cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the accent striping. I may have to try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Getting some of this tape is on my to-do list. I love the look of manis using it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. niiiiice love it
    but plz can u subscribefor my blog
    rorodiy8989.wordpress.com
    i have alot of diys

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...