Friday, April 27, 2012

Fun Friday featuring Nail Foils!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you're all having a fabulous Friday and looking forward to a great weekend!  Today, I have something I tried for you that I've never tried before, nail foils!  I bought these on the website Dollar Nail Art which has tons of nail art supplies!  Now, I purposely left these pictures very messy so you can see what the finished product looks like if you decide to try there!  Now, without further ado, on to the foils!








Per usual, I've been doing my "normal" manicure lately of doing each hand a different color and doing an accent nail of the opposite color!  So to do these nail foils, first you paint your nails with a color that's close to the foil color, since the foils are basically like temporary tattoos that get laid down on your nail and peeled off!  I forgot to take a picture of the bases but the were FACE Stockholm #66 and a Zoya purple that I can't remember!  I have tons of Zoya purples so forgive me.  The Foils I used were Caribbean Tides and Laser Optics.  Laser Optics did NOT want to cooperate with me (you can barely see the cool design and flashes of red in it) but I love how Caribbean Tides looked!  Let's see it close up:




As you can see close up, the application can be a bit messy (it really wanted to stick to my cuticles!) and there are some spots that the design didn't stick (hence the need for a color underneath) and it got a bit crinkly.  However for my first try, I'm not too upset about it!  Here is a look at my entire haul from Dollar Nail Art:


9 different foils - several of which are weekend only because they are BRIGHT and in your face!  I also got more striping tape in two different sizes, some black and gold square studs and some Laser Lace which I'm still not entire sure how it works!  And lastly, I loved this picture when I took it on Instagram (my name is lacqueredlover on there and feel free to follow me and leave your name in the comments so I can follow you back!)


So there you have it!  Another Fun Friday.  And, be sure to check back later because there might be another Fun Friday post coming up!

What did you think of this manicure?  Have you tried foils yet?

31 comments:

  1. I liked how caribbean tide looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue one. it's looks like the sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your hands are alternating colors, they look so pretty.
    I just started following you on instagram, mines lindsaylemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a big fan of that manicure! And I just started following you as well!

      Delete
  4. I think after some practice it'll look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fabulous. I have been meaning to order some of these beautifully designed foils. Did you use a topcoat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Just a normal one though, not fast drying because I heard the fast dry can cause it to wringkle!

      Delete
  6. I've never tried foils like this. Maybe one day. You did a great job and I am loving the two colors you've been doing. I'm totally doing that one day. Thanks for sharing the foils with us Carly! You're the bomb.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Blue one!! Super pretty!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're so pretty!
    I follow you on IG, my user name is juwie_ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super messy, but WOW they look freakin' cool! So how hard is cleanup? DO you use a q-tip or a brush as usual?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I'm in on the group order so I can't wait for mine to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't wait for a group so I just ordered a ton of stuff! haha, I can't wait to see what you do with it!

      Delete
  11. Yes I will accept a thank you for showing you the glory that is foils!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried any nail foils before. It look like it's a lot of work to get it done neatly, but you get a great mani out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly not that hard, I think it will just take some getting used to!

      Delete
  13. I have never tried foils but I really love them! Carribean Tides is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so cool, but I don't think I'd be able to apply them. I'd probably make a big mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it just takes a bit of practice! I will let you all know after I try them again!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...