Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Color Club Take Wing Collection for Summer 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  This is an exciting day in lacquered lover world!  First of all, I want to give a HUGE thank you to all of you!  Thanks to your support, this blog hit over 2,000 followers last night!  I'm ecstatic!  Thank you all so much!!! 

Now, let's get down to the business of nail polish!  Today, I have an amazing new collection that I've been super excited about ever since I saw the promo pictures a few months ago!


Jelly glass fleck polishes.  Amazing.  This collection consists of 6 polishes all with the same finish and all in super vibrant colors for Summer!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  3 coats of Daisy Does

I'm not a yellow person.  Yellow polishes usually make me look like I'm diseased.  I put this polish on last night to swatch it and just stared at the beauty for a few minutes.  Even the boyfriend fell in love with it!  Finally, the perfect yellow!  Daisy Does is a gorgeous bright sunshine yellow glass fleck polish.  It's seriously perfect.  The formula was a bit thick so three thin coats seemed the best way to go and there is the tiniest hint of visible nail line but I love it so much that I don't even care!  This is seriously a must have for me and I never thought I'd say that about a yellow!




Above:  2 coats of Fly With Me

Fly With Me was the least favorite of the group but only because I wish the green was less yellow.  Surprisingly, this did not work with my skin tone while the yellow did!  I'm showing you two coats here so you can see that compared with the rest, you really need a third coat to even out these polishes.  The glass fleck is really pretty and if you can get away with yellow toned polishes this can be for you!  The formula was fairly thick so this is only 2 coats but 3 thin coats is the way to go!




Above:  3 coats of Metamorphosis

I love Metamorphosis.  This polish is a stunning bright teal glass fleck.  The way it shifts ever so slightly to greenish and back to bluish, there is so much depth to this polish that it's just gorgeous!  I fell in love with this one in the bottle and was so happy that it was just as pretty on the nail!  I honestly can't think of any other polishes like this with a glass fleck finish and it's gorgeous.  The formula was a tad bit thick so again I did three thin coats that covered like a charm!




Above:  3 coats of Sky High

Sky High is a gorgeous royal blue glass fleck jelly polish.  Not the most unique color in the world but I think it's gorgeous on the nail!  The shimmer in this one seems to have a tiny bit of purple to it in the bottle but it doesn't really translate to the nail.  Regardless this one is a beauty!  The formula was the same as the others but this was definitely the darkest and most pigmented of the polishes!




Above:  3 coats of Sparkle and Soar

Sparkle and Soar is a really beautiful bright orange glass fleck jelly polish.  The lighter flecks in this kind of make it look like a flame, all glowy and gorgeous!  I am actually really excited to wear this orange as a pedicure!  The formula was the same as the rest, three thin coats covered just fine and give it a really deep tone!




Above:  3 coats of Wing Fling

I hate to say it but I'm slowly becoming a pink nail polish convert!  Wing Fling is a gorgeous BRIGHT pink glass fleck!  I love how bright this polish is!  The flecks make it looks even more bright and stunning!  The formula was the same as the rest and three thin coats is the way to go.

I loved this collection so much that I did a manicure today (with colors I let the boyfriend pick, thanks snugs!) and he chose Wing Fling and Daisy Does!

I'm loving these manicures lately of each hand a different color and the opposite ring finger an accent nail!

So there you have it, the new Color Club Take Wing collection!  This is one of my favorite collections to be released so far this year, the colors are super vibrant, the glass fleck is gorgeous and the jelly quality makes it really squishy and bright looking!  The formula is a bit thick so three thin coats makes it easier to control.  This collection is out now wherever Color Club is sold, and if you have a Rite Aid near you, Color Club is now being sold there!

What did you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy above for additional information.

40 comments:

  1. Glass flecks! An entire collection! gah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oghhhh I LOVE Daisy Does. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious - Do you think the orange one (Sparkle and Soar) is a dupe for China Glaze Riveting? They look similar, and was just wondering how close they look to each other in real life.

    Thanks for sharing - this collection looks awesome and summer-y!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Metamorphosis during the Cosmoprof and I really love it! This collection is sooo nice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pink and the blue one but it looks a little bit like the surf collection of zoya. a couple of shades than

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally different from the Surf Collection! The Surf Collection is all foils. This one has a teal while the Surf has a turquoise, the orange in the Surf Collection has much more pink to it, and there is no yellow in the surf collection! The only somewhat similar one is the hot pink here and Kimber from Surf but Kimber has a silver shimmer to it while this has light pink glass flecks! Hope that helps!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm so in love with them! I had the boyfriend put the pink on my toes last night!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad I found these at Winner's, they are BEAUTIFUL! I love your mani too, I seen it on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love glass flecks so much! These are gorgeous. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this collection! All the colors are beautiful! I'm so glad you can find them at Rite aid now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so gorgeous in real life! And yes, so fun that they are easily accessible at Rite Aid now!

      Delete
  10. I really like these! I'm planning to pick up a few

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on reaching such a great milestone! Looking forward to seeing these polishes pop up, fingers crossed the BB&B by work will get these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And I forgot that BB&B carries them! I should check the one in Chelsea too but I know I've seen them at a BUNCH of Rite Aid's so far!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on hitting 2000! Your blog is great so you deserve it. I just added this collection to my wish list last night...I'm in love with them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Connie! That's so sweet of you! And this collection should be on EVERYONE's wish list, it's gorgeous!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on the followers! I like Metamorphosis! Thanks for swatching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! And Metamorphosis is definitely a must have!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful colours! I only wish I were brave enough to wear such bright blues, oranges and greens. Not sure how they'd go with my skin tone though. Thanks for showing them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing about bright colors like this is they go with every skin tone! They are so bright that they just blot everything else out! Give it a whirl!

      Delete
  15. I'm with you on the yellows, but I kind of love Daisy Does, too! It loks great with Wing Fling. Tell your bf good call :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seriously the perfect yellow! And I'll be sure to let him know! :)

      Delete
  16. Gah!! I totally saw these at Rite Aid and I picked up two.. only to put them down! I am kicking myself for doing that! I need to go back and pick them up pronto! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I ordered these last night but have to wait for shipping from across the pond. I'm even more excited now that I've seen your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been seeing a lot of hot pink glassflecks lately, but still... gotta love 'em! I wouldn't be one bit upset to buy this whole collection :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOnestly they are all gorgeous! I"m a sucker for glass flecks!

      Delete
  19. Love the mani you did alternating colour and accent nail!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do that a lot with my manicures, it lets me use more of my collection at once!

      Delete
  20. I was going to pass on these, but now I'm reconsidering! I thought they'd have more of a frost / chrome finish, but these look gorgeous! Sky High and Metamorphosis are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not frosty or chrome, these are true glass fleck jellies! So bright and fun!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...