Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Glitter Week: Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe

Good morning lacquered lovers! First of all, let me apologize for being a bad blogger and completely slacking during this long weekend. However, even though I didn't post, I did a bunch of glitter swatching so I decided to do a whole week of glitters! So today, I figured I'd start with the winner(s) of my first weekly poll (which yes, was 2 weeks ago so I'm a REALLY bad blogger right now)! There was actually a tie in my Deborah Lippmann glitter poll so first, I will show you Across the Universe and this afternoon I will show you the other winner which is Today Was a Fairytale.



Above: Across the Universe - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

Across the Universe holds a very special place in my heart. About a year ago, my friend told me about this nail polish designer who named all her polishes after songs and they were full of glitter. Clearly, I was immediately sold and Across the Universe was the first polish of Deborah Lippmann's that I bought (with many more to follow.) Across the Universe (or ATU) is a gorgeous navy blue jelly base that's packed with different shades of blue and a hint of green glitter of different sizes.



In the above photo with the flash you can really see how jelly the navy base is, however you can't really see it as much in real life since there is so much glitter with 2 coats!




The only issue with Across the Universe that I can really think of is that you need to wait several minutes for each coat to dry, otherwise you are just pushing glitter around and your nails get all gooey. What is nice about this polish is that if you don't want to have "too much" glitter (as if there is such a thing!) you can use a black or navy opaque polish and just put one layer of Across the Universe on top. What I love about this polish is that being in the jelly, when you do more than one coat it gets kind of hidden and the different shades of blue and green glitters remind me of the ocean, making it very multi dimensional. Keep in mind with this polish that it will be rough to the touch with that much glitter but a thick coat of top coat helps.

So there is my review and swatches of Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe! Do you love it like I do? Is this a must have? Have you seen any dupes?

10 comments:

  1. i really need to get this color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a huge lemming of mine!! It looks so gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous, one of the best Deb L polishes I have seen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks gorgeous - i don't do blue but this is very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one is so pretty! a lot more opaque than i would think after two coats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an intense glitter, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your comments! I do love this color, it's so pretty and unique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...