Monday, July 11, 2011

Milani 3D Holographic in Hi-Res

Hello fellow Lacquered Lovers! I know, I'm awful on the weekends, but I was just super busy and didn't have time to post! I did, however, have time to inventory my newest FORTY SEVEN polishes! And I have more coming! Plus I'm out of room on my racks so I either need to order more racks or finally suck it up and buy a storage unit for them! I will recount them all later and put up pictures (I'm updating my Stash section on here in a few minutes) but I think I may have hit 300!

Anyway, when I went to my local CVS the other day, as I tried to quickly walk/hobble (yes, my foot is still broken and I'm still in a boot) through the nail polish section so I would not be tempted to buy anything else, I glimpsed the word holographic out of the corner of my eye and had to stop. Milani 3D Holographic polishes. I bought two, Hi-Res which is purple and 3D which is gold. Here is Hi-Res, which I wore for 3 days, over Ulta Celebutante (the formula on Hi-Res is a bit thin and I wanted it to be a darker purple.)


Above picture in the sunlight




And finally just Celebutante on it's own. This is actually a gorgeous purple creme, opaque in two coats, with a coat of Seche Vite Ridge Filler underneath. I highly recommend this color for a true purple creme!



Are you as crazy about holographics as I am? What's your favorite? Does anyone else have the Milani 3D Holographic collection?

8 comments:

  1. Great layering! Hi-Res is one of my favorites of the Milani holos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KarenD - Thanks! I love it! I can't wait to try 3D, and I may need to pick up the rest of the collection! I love layering, it always gives more depth to the polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this polish . I just bought mine a couple of days ago . I like this already .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love this mani!!!! By the way I am your new follower! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! Do you have the green one by any chance? I really wanted that one too lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. yesyes carly we miss you on the weekends :(
    but you are forgiven for this great purple holo

    canada really needs a CVS..
    nice swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that milani! so pretty :D

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Milani 3D Holographic Nail Lacquer in 509 HD (silver). The holo is weak, but it is still a pretty silver glitter polish. Hi res reminds me of an old urban decay polish that I don't have anymore. It's pretty the way you layered it, but I haven't been wearing pastel purples much anymore because my man prefers darker colors. Of all my holos, Layla Flash Black is his favorite, and he also likes holo glitter topcoats layered over black. Ooops, one more he did like was the Milani Nail Lacquer Jewel FX in "584 Red", layered over black too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...