Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nail Fail

I am so disappointed right now! I've had my first nail fail in a long time! I'll give you the quick version of the story.

My manicure started out great. I picked up Zoya Lisa which has been in my untrieds for quite some time. It was from the Fire and Ice collection, and it's a bright red with a bit of a pinkish shimmer. The bottle looks like there may be some gold but I couldn't detect it on the nail. Excuse the not cleaned up cuticles on the pictures to come:




Loved the color. This was 3 coats since the formula is a bit sheer but it was really pretty. But I couldn't leave well enough alone so I decided to use my Essie matte top coat on it.



Very pretty. I really liked it, although it was a bit christmas-eque to me. So I went to sleep thinking it'd be fine. Then I woke up this morning and decided my nails really did look like a christmas ornament and decided it needed something else (I blame all the holo manicures I've been doing recently.) So I asked the boyfriend to pick out one of my new China Glaze cracked metals. He chose Latticed Lilac, and I thought "Ok, maybe the red peeking through lilac would be cool." FAIL.



First off, they didn't crack that well and I think it might be beacuse of the matte top coat, because when I originally swatched this color I loved it and it cracked great. Second, I am just hating the color combination! As soon as we left the apartment, I told the boyfriend that I want to go to Ricky's at lunch to get a new polish and redo my nails because we are seeing Drag Queens tonight and I cannot have a bad manicure for that! :)

Have you ever had a color combination fail? What are your new favorite polishes that I should look at when I go get a new polish at lunch time? What polishes would you like to see in my next giveaway (only 13 more followers needed as of 10:30 am!)

10 comments:

  1. I don't think the color combo looks too bad from your picture! I think it'd be cool to rock with a certain outfit! Butttt it definitely was a crackle fail. I've had issues with crackle over certain top coats, so maybe it was the matte...however, I loved how the red looked matte ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Whitney - The red was great matte, it was just a little too much like a Christmas ornament to me! I'm just hating the color combo right now and need to go get something new!

    I have an addiction haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd heard that matte colors make crack not work as well. I'll watch out for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the combo doesn't look that bad. I have FAILURES all the time... And it sucks too. We all spend so much time doing our nails and then BAM, it happens--We add the polish that makes it ugly. It is funny you mention Christmas. There is one manicure I have not posted yet because it looks too much like it should be Christmas time haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the bright side, Zoya Lisa matte is freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd totally blame the matte-coat here! The Zoya was amazing though!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did see on someone else's blog that once a matte top coat was added, the crackle didn't work. Love Zoya Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the 1st version the most!
    But I think the final result turned out pretty cool! I do like the lilac crackle with the red underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi great nail polish blog. i love nail polish as well. If you get a chance visit my blog, I also have a giveaway going on. Thanks-Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. The matte Zoya was really pretty, I just wasn't feeling it and then hated the color of the lilac crackle over the red! So disappointing. Luckily I went and changed my mani a few hours later! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...