Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Money Now Sleep Later Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow Lacquered Lovers!  It's starting to look like this week will be full of Deborah Lippmann!  Today I have one of the three new Lippmann Collection polishes available exclusively at Barney's Department Store. Each of these shades is full of shimmer and very festive looking for the holiday season.  I have to say, I'm starting to have trouble keeping up with all her new collections!  Different stores have exclusives, the normal core line, seasonal lines, HSN, it's like there is a gorgeous new collection every week!  Regardless, today I'm just showing you one polish so now, without further ado, on to the polish!







Above:  3 coats of Money Now Sleep Later

Money Now Sleep Later looks like a teal/purple duochrome in the bottle.  In the bottle, as with many duochromes, it has much more of a color shift than it does on the nail, however Money Now Sleep Later is still a really gorgeous color.  You can definitely see a bit of the purple flash depending on the angle and lighting.  The formula on Money Now Sleep Later is a bit sheer so it took three coats to reach full opaqueness.

However I thought that maybe this, like many other duochromes, would really pop more over a dark color.  Here is what one coat of Money Now Sleep Later looks like over black:







Over black, this color is absolutely stunning!  I love it!  I can't wait to layer it over other shades now!  I just love how vibrant it is, how much it flashes between purple and teal, and how shiny it is even without top coat!  Plus I only put one layer of Money Now Sleep Later over one coat of Wet N Wild Black Creme so it'll make the Deborah Lippmann last longer!

Money Now Sleep Later is available exclusively at Barney's.

What do you think of this polish?  Are you a duochrome fan?  What are some of your favorites?

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Carly. I don't own a single DL! I know, you feel so sorry for me now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I always have trouble rationalizing Lippmann polishes though, so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it over black. So pretty! It's available at Holt Renfrew in Canada if any Canadians are looking for it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one has my name written all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool! I think I like my stronger multichromes from Ozotic better, but this definitely looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it.. and I love your Lippmann's!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over black it does look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beaute! I NEED this shade! Too hard to get access to Barney's - I really wish DL would not keep up all these special releases - HSN, Nordies, Barneys, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...