Monday, December 24, 2012

Guest Post by Yulia of Vicerimus!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Christmas Eve to those of you celebrating today!  I am having my very first Christmas this year and am very excited!  Today, I have a wonderful guest post by the lovely Yulia of Vicerimus.  Check out her blog because her pictures are amazing!!!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Yulia, a nail blogger and a polish lover from Moscow, Russia, along with being a second-year law student. When I learnt that Carly needed some guest posts for her blog, I reached out immediately because I know the feeling when you have to leave your blog unattended, but you don't want to disappoint your followers. I was delighted when Carly responded that she would have me as a guest blogger, and I feel really honored to be featured on her blog today!
I wanted to do something special for her blog, instead of a plain swatches & review post, but having recently finished a nail art challenge, I've been feeling too exhausted for anything complex. I also have plenty of untrieds sitting on my shelf, glaring at me, so I've really been digging duo manicures lately.
 
 
For these special nails I've chosen Anny Hudson River Turtle and paired it up with BarryM Croc Nail Effects in Black. Hudson River Turtle is a great medium dusty khaki/olive green with the slightest brown undertone when under strong warm artificial light. Application was flawless, the polish spread over the surface of my nails like butter, and I did 2 really thin coats to reach full opacity. It has easily pass as a one-coater if you do a more generous one. Dry time is quite fast, about 15 minutes or so, however, I used my all-time favorite top coat, INM OTD, so I was good to go 5 minutes later. BarryM Croc Nail Effects Black is in the same vein as your average crackle polish, but the formula is different, it creates a reptile scales effect. The thinner the coat applied is, the smaller the scales appear. Also, mind that you should use it when the base color hasn't dried yet, I'd say waiting about a minute before applying Croc Nail Effects works best. By the way, be careful with your application, for it takes some effort to remove the polish from your skin - due to the formula, my guess is. I topped the accent fingers off with a coat of INM OTD, too.
 




 
And that's it from me! Hope you've enjoyed the post! How do you feel about khaki on nails? I used to be quite hesitant, but now I can't get enough! And how do you like the croc effect versus the regular crackle one?
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Thank you Yulia!  What a fabulous post!  And I love the pictures!  I hope you all enjoyed and have a happy holiday tonight!
 
 
What did you think of this manicure?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...I am so tired of crackle nail but these croc finish nails are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm quite sceptic about chackle nail polish, but I just love the croc finish ^_^

      Delete
  2. Love this and amazing pictures as always, Yulia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, must have BarryM Croc Nail Effects! I have everything else effects out there available in America, but that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...