Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Illamasqua Spring 2012 Human Fundamentalism Collection featuring Nomad and Stance Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today, I have a real treat for you!  Ok, it's a real treat for me because I'm in love with these polishes and can't wait to show you!  I love Illamasqua and have been patiently waiting since last Fall for a new collection and last week, the information was finally released!


Above:  Promo picture for Human Fundamentalism and the new polishes, Stance and Nomad

Here is what Illamasqua has to say about the collection:

"Human Fundamentalism is an explosion of your alter ego. It’s becoming who you are and not who you’re told to be. Beauty isn’t conformity, but the fundamental human desire to express your inner self on the outside. To rise above mainstream limitations and exist in a world where individuality is received with celebration not derision, and breaking the mould is a sign of strength not instability. We stand for freedom of expression, embracing our glorious imperfections and showing the world we’re not ordinary but extraordinary, even if society refuses to accept it. We’re beyond conformity. Beyond control. Beyond hiding who we really are. We are not a religion, but the singular opposite. We are Illamasqua."

Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Illamasqua Nomad

Nomad is a gorgeous minty green.  We've been seeing a lot of these types of shades this spring and Illamasqua does NOT disappoint with their version!  I love how this is almost a pastel neon!  Illamasqua describes it as a bright jade and that's pretty accurate.  The formula was fantastic, opaque in 2 coats, and I just love the shade!  I also love that it's slightly more blue based so it will look great on almost any skin tone!  Here is how I wore it as a manicure yesterday:


This type of manicure is called a Ruffian and I did it using Nomad for the base and Illamasqua Scorn for the top!  I love how this looks!




Above:  2 coats of Illamasqua Stance

Stance is described as being a fuchsia violet and that's pretty accurate!  It's definitely a hot pink that has a lot of purple to it.  I'm so drawn to these types of colors this year and this one is spot on.  I love that it's more purple than pink but still super bright.  I'm pretty sure this will be my go to pedicure color this summer!  The formula was fantastic, opaque in 2 coats and just super pigmented and bright!

All in all, I LOVE this showing from Illamasqua!  I wish there were more polishes in the collection, that's how much I love it!  The Human Fundamentalism Collection will be released on Sephora.com on March 19th and in select stores on March 22nd!  Or you can pre-order now from Illamasqua's website. 

What do you think of these polishes?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

Please note that these polishes were sent to me for my unbiased review.  For more information, please see the disclosure policy above.

19 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these. I love Illamasqua polishes, their formulas are amazing, but I can't really find them in stores anywhere around me except when I go to the Sephora's in nyc. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's because Illamasqua is a Sephora Exclusive in the US! A few of the Sephora's in NYC carry them but unfortunately not all stores do, but they are worth buying online!

      Delete
  2. I got Stance in the mail yesterday and I can not wait to try this one myself! Lovely swatches babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nomad and the Suedey finish on Scorn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finish on SCorn is amazing! If they made more polishes like that, I'd buy them all!

      Delete
  4. I love Stance, but it looks very similar to Zoya Charisma. Do you know if it's close enough to be dupe-ish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't have Zoya Charisma so I'm not sure! Sorry!

      Delete
  5. I love what they graphically did in Photoshop with the model's nails! I am all over lemming for Stance. The green one reminds me of I think it's an older Chanel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep there is a very similar jade green Chanel that is gorgeous and I"ve been wanting forever!

      Delete
  6. I love both of these! I am really digging shades like Stance lately although I don't actually own any for some reason. I don't actually own any Illamasqua either. Maybe Stance will be my first! Great pics!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I love these! I need them both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...