Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My First Real Attempt at Tape Manicures!

Good afternoon my lacquered lovelies! Now, for those of you who have been reading this blog for a bit know that I can NOT do nail art! Hell I'm barely able to paint my nails cleanly! I recently started using Konad stamps which are a lot of fun but I wanted to try something new! So, after doing a bit of research, I decided to try a tape manicure on Sunday! I loved it so much, I tried it again on Monday! So, I give you my first attempts at tape manicures with some tips on how to do them!




First up I have my first attempt from Sunday night. My lovely boyfriend bought me OPI Ink Suede last week when I was having a bad day (he's the best!) and I really wanted to try it out! So, I figured I'd try to do another shade of purple and have a kind of mono chromatic purple tape manicure. I started off with 1 coat of OPI Nail Enby (My nails keep breaking!) and then did two coats of Milani Hi-Res which I did a full post on HERE. This gorgeous light purple holo is one of my new favorites from this summer! Then I put on one coat of Seche Vite Fast Dry because I was impatient and wanted it to dry quickly!

After a few minutes, I took a piece of crappy tape (like scotch tape but from the dollar store) and pressed it against my hand a few times to diminish the amount of stickiness on it. Then I lined it up across my nail and did one coat of OPI Ink Suede and before it had a chance to dry, carefully pulled the tape off. Make sure you go over the tape so that the line will be clean.



I switched the oder on my ring finger of which color was on top because I liked the way it looked! I also really love how it looked with the shiny holo on half the nail and a shimmery matte on the other half! (Also, this picture is for my mom beacuse she always thinks it looks nicer to put my hand straight out in pictures! Hi mom!)

Then on Monday, I decided to try a tape manicure with 3 colors. I did the same directions, just with three colors! This was a bit harder and my stripes weren't quite as clean but practice makes perfect!






Yes, I took 4 pictures of this because I'm obsessed with it! I love the colors and wanted to show it in different lights! First, I started with Chanel Graphite because I'm in love with it. Then I did the tape trick with Hard Candy Beetle which I found for under $2.00 on Monday! Then after waiting for that to try, I did the tape trick one last time with Wet N Wild Black Creme! I think this is the perfect manicure for Fall!

Are you a tape manicure fan? What are your favorite color combinations? Do you have any questions on how to do this?

11 comments:

  1. It turned out great! Well done! I love the color combos as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look great!! You did an awesome job!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cool! I had tried this only once before and my lines did not come out crisp and straight. I really need to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good! I love the three colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the three colors!! :) looks greatmany blessings!hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! I am also hosting an amazing limited edition giclee print giveaway by the very talented, Lark Calderon Gomez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such an awesome job! I have played around with tape manicures, but I need to get serious about it! hahah... Maybe I will do one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love this! Where can I get a tutorial on how to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow i love this!! hehe love this mani by the way im your new follower, you can visit my blog too if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much ladies! They were so much fun! I have a plain manicure on now and I'm dying to do another one with tape because they are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a good job, absolutely amazing choice of colors for the 3 toned look, PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...