Friday, August 12, 2011

Barielle Polished Princess and CND Jade Sparkling

Hello fellow lacquered lovers! It's finally Friday! Yay! I have some fun stuff in store for this lovely August weekend and I hope you do as well! Just a quick post right now because I have something REALLY fun in store for you later today! I just received my first Barielle polishes this week and was really eager to try, so I let the boyfriend go into the box of goodies and pick one out! So now, I give you Polished Princess!



Above: Polished Princess - 2 coats over 1 coat Seche Base and accent nail with CND Jade Sparkling

Polished Princess is a medium mossy green with a fine gold shimmer to it. I'm very on the fence about this color. In the sunshine, I absolutely ADORED it. In the shade, I kind of hated it! I think the reason for this is that it's a yellow based green which simply looks awful on my skin tone, but in the sun I really liked it! So frustrating when something like happens! The formula was nice although a bit sheer for my taste as you can see a bit of visible nail line and tip wear with 2 coats after only 24 hours. On my ring finger I added a coat of CND Jade Sparkling which I love hoping to spice it up a bit and in person, it added a nice sparkle but didn't really come through in the pictures.

For right now, my opinion is out on Barielle. I didn't love this polish, but I try not to judge a brand based on one polish so I will definitely be swatching the rest of my haul from them this weekend. It gets great reviews from a lot of bloggers so I'm hoping this was just a disappointing polish for me!

Do you have any Barielle polishes? What are your favorite colors of theirs?

7 comments:

  1. I just got two Barielle's, but have only tried one of them so far. I used Do Unto Others and I really liked it. I haven't tried Gotta Have Fate yet, and I just ordered two more, so we will see. After this first one, I have high hopes, I hope I am not disappointed :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like Barielle's polishes. I just bought 4 since they were having a sale and one was and exact dupe-just renamed! I am very mad about that! So I won't be buying any more from them and will put them in my blogsale coming soon! Love your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't get into greens! I think the only ones I like are super dark or minty colored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very unique polish! I think it looks great on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with Barielle polishes! Lately I just cant get enough of them. My favs are Slate of Affairs, Soul-er Powered, and Gotta Have Fate. I almost ordered Polished Princess, but I thought it looked to close to Zoya's Apple and Midori.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments ladies!

    Kayjay - in person it is nothing like Apple or Midori!

    I'm going to swatch some more of their polishes today to see if I like them better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...