Tuesday, August 16, 2011

CHANEL Graphite Swatches and Review

Oh my lacquered lovers, have I got a treat for you today! But first, a back story. Last Sunday, the boyfriend and I decided we were going to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the last day of the Alexander McQueen Exhibit. My parents are members of the museum so we were all excited that we could cut the line that extended several blocks down the city and the wait was anywhere from 3-5 hours. So we took the subway from our lovely Chelsea apartment up to the Upper West Side figuring we'd just cut through the park to the east side and the museum (should have taken about 10-15 mins to walk through.) Somehow we got lost, ended up taking way longer and walked well over a mile out of our way! So we were all hot and sweaty, finally get to the museum and they told us that they were no longer letting members cut the line! Needless to say, we didn't see the exhibit and we a bit grumpy.

So after we got some Jamba Juice, we headed to Macy's because the boyfriend wanted some new shirts for work. As we walked through the ground floor, we "somehow" ended up in the beauty section. In front of Chanel. So, I decided to splurge and treat myself to Graphite! Now, get ready for a LOT of pictures of my pretty!



Above: Graphite - 2 coats over 1 coat Seche Base

Where do I begin? First of all, I'm in love with this polish. It is absolutely worth the obscene amount of money I paid for a small bottle of lacquered. Graphite is a smokey dark grey with a gorgeous foil finish and packed with tiny gold flakes/sparkles that really give it a stunning finish. From some angles it's a dark silver, from others more golden, sometimes cool, sometimes warm.





The formula on this polish is incredible. It's thick but not too thick if that makes sense. It was perfectly opaque in two coats and the glitter flecks are small enough that it's not too gritty. I was a bit concerned that Graphite might be a dupe for some of the darker silvers I have like OPI Lucertainly Look Marvelous but it's definitely not! I will do a comparisson soon though so you all can see the differences. Now some pictures with the flash!




As you can see, in different lights, this polish changes! Unfortunately I couldn't get an outdoor picture since it's been rainy and gross in New York but when I do my comparisson swatches I will! One last picture that's blurry so you can see how much sparkle this polish packs:



Bottom line is that if you want to splurge on a polish, Chanel Graphite would be my pick. I left this manicure on for almost 4 days! For someone with NADD (Nail Attention Deficit Disorder) like myself, this is practically proposing marriage to the polish. In fact, I have it on again now as part of a really fun manicure I'll show you later! At $25 a pop this is definitely a pricey polish, but the color is divine and the application is a dream. If you have the money to splurge, I'd recommend it!

What do you think of this color? Do you own any Chanel polishes?

8 comments:

  1. I would love to see a comparison of this a Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous! This shade is gorgeous on you :) But the price tag - eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few Chanel-but I really didnt like this or peridot this season. My fave chanel is Khaki Brun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love how it looks. So nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually don't like Chanel polishes: I think they are overpriced for the quality you get. But Graphite and Peridot have conquered my heart - oh yes, I want them! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! I would totally buy this if it wasn't $25!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post!!!! Love the polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @OPI Addict - I will try to do a comparison this weekend for you!

    @Fingers - This was my first Chanel and I'm really excited that the next 2 I ordered are coming today!!!

    @Sandra - thanks! I love it!

    @Cristina - I agree, they seemed so expensive but sometimes a girl has GOT to splurge! So happy I did! I will post about Peridot soon!

    @Rachel - I know, it's obscene, but it was a special polish and I don't regret it at all!

    @imfeelingnail-venturous - thanks! It's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never bought a Chanel nail polish before... I could not justify spending $25 for a color I may wear once or twice... a few days ago I splurged and bought Graphite and I have to say I am very happy I did. I usually do not paint my own nails because every time I do I end up with polish mostly around my nails instead of on them.... the application with Graphite was amazing... not one stray drop of polish and the color is divine... I think I may have to try out another Chanel soon! They have a few new colors coming out on Sept. 8th 4 colors in the blue family... tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...