Monday, August 22, 2011

Guest Post by Celeste of Death To Hollywood!

Good morning my lovely lacquered lovers! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Today, I have something extra special for you! A guest post by my hilarious friend and stand up comic Celeste! Celeste has a blog called Death To Hollywood you should definitely check out all about her life growing up in a funeral home and then living in Los Angeles that you can read HERE. So she did me a favor and went and got a pedicure this weekend so read on to find out how it turned out!

***************************************

Let me start by saying that I’ve never been a big nail polish person, but during the summer when pedicures are of utmost importance, nail polish is a little more important to me than usual. I should also let you know that I have always been conservative when it comes to nail polish colors because chipped nail polish is bad enough, but when I see chipped glitter nail polish, I always think “bowling alley waitress.” But since following Lacquered Lover, I admit that Carly has gotten me a little more excited about glitter and taking nail polish chances.

I went for a pedicure yesterday and I went to a new place. One thing I really liked about this place and never experienced before was that they display the colors with fake nails that you can put over your own nail to actually see how it looks against your skin. Maybe other places do this all the time, but the places I’ve gone to in the past never did this; you chose from what you saw in the bottle, which can lead to unhappiness when you see your finished nails.

I finally settled on a pink glitter from OPI, and it also happens to be from the Katy Perry line, and the color is “Teenage Dream.”I love that song too. Carly probably knows that Katy Perry teamed up with OPI to have her own nail polish line, but I didn’t know this, and if you didn’t know this either, I highly recommend it. I LOVE this nail polish because it’s subtly sparkly and classy at the same time. Some glittery nail polish can look a bit over the top or even kind of cheap at times, but I absolutely love this color. I also think it’s suitable for just about any outfit, aside from a business suit, and the colors are neutral enough to go with anything.
I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up!



However, this picture does not do it justice. It’s a really pretty pink in person.

***************************************************

Thanks Celeste! So glad you like your glitters! What do you all think, do you like the glittery toes?

1 comment:

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...