Monday, August 22, 2011

NARS Night Series

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! Have I got something gorgeous to show you today! But first (as usual) a little back story. So when I was in high school is when Sephora first got big and when I first got into makeup. One day I decided to treat myself to a ridiculously expensive (for me at the time) eye shadow by NARS. It was called Night Fever and was just beautiful. I ended up getting their other Night series eye shadows and to this day, I still have them! So, a few weeks ago I saw that NARS was releasing the Night Series nail polish collection based on the polishes and got super excited! I knew I had to have them so a few a weeks ago I ordered them and they finally arrived last week! They are stunning! So, without further ado, I give you the NARS Night Series nail polishes.



Above: Night Rider - 2 coats over 1 coat Seche Base

Since I am so looking forward to the fall, Night Rider was the color I was least looking forward to in this collection, however it ended up being the second most loved color! Night Rider is a stunning lavender/grey almost jelly base that's packed with iridescent shimmer flakies. I love flakies! This color is most definitely a multi-chrome, changing shades every time the light hits it and it's just gorgeous. I don't think it's really a fall color for me however I will definitely be wearing it for the rest of the summer! This is truly a unique color that I don't have a dupe for so I'm really excited about this color!



Above: Night Porter - 2 coats over 1 coat Seche Base

Night Porter I was super excited about (I love greens!) but slightly underwhelmed with. It's a really pretty deep hunter dusty green with gold and green shimmer which was very nice, but for $17 a bottle I thought the price was a bit steep for not such a unique color. The formula was fabulous and it was fully opaque in two coats and in direct sunlight it's very pretty, but otherwise, it didn't really have a wow factor. I would have loved to see more shimmer or even gold glitter in this but they can't all be winners! This is definitely not a must have because I'm sure I have a dupe in my collection. It is nice that as dark as it is it's not really "blackened" to the point that you can't tell it's a color and it does look green even in the shade.



Above: Night Flight - 2 Coats with 1 Coat Seche Base

Ah Night Flight, you are a beauty! I love blackened Navy blues (OPI Russian Navy is always a favorite of mine) and Night Flight did not disappoint! This deep blue is simply stunning, although not that unique if you are a dark blue person. What is really fun about this shade is that in sunlight you can see hints of green, pink and silver shimmer! Night Flight does look almost black inside although there are hints of blue and I just love this color! I get the feeling I'll be sporting this a lot this fall/winter. The application was amazing and fully opaque in 2 coats.



Above: Night Breed - 2 coats over 1 coat Seche Base

I saved the best for last. Night Breed is coming in close second to Chanel Graphite as my new favorite polish. Night Breed is a black base with silver glitter. Sound like it's been done before? Well, the glitter in Night Breed is irregular! All different sizes! Swoon! I love this polish! I love that the black jelly-like base makes the silver blingy but not too bright and it's just stunning! I'm obsessed! Definitely did NOT have a dupe for this and it's totally worth the $17 price tag!

All in all, I loved these polishes! NARS has a great formula with all the colors being opaque in 2 coats and having really pigmented colors. I was very happily surprised by how much I loved Night Rider and Night Breed is just amazing, definitely both must haves in my book. I really liked Night Flight and Night Porter but unless you are a NARS collector or just don't have a lot of dark colors, these aren't must haves. Now let's hope they make Night Fever into a polish soon!

What do you think of these colors? Are you a NARS fan? What are your favorites?

8 comments:

  1. I love the green and blue-but am on a no buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favs are Night Breed and Night Flight. I don't own any of this brand though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink and green ones!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fingers - When you are off the No-Buy, these are definitely ones to get!

    @imfeelingnail-venturous - thanks! They were fun to swatch!

    @Gracie - Mine too! It's so pretty!

    @KayJay - I just recently got my first NARS polishes and they are just amazing!

    @Nailderella - thanks! me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,they are so beautiful!!I really love it.When i nail POE Trade polish myself,my mood will get better,and it can change my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so good! If you like Rocket League like me, I recommend you go to mmoah to see their Rocket League Items. It's really cheap, I bought it many times and saved me a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...