Thursday, August 25, 2011

CHANEL Peridot (Pic Heavy)

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! Now I know I've been talking up this polish (and after today I promise to go back to more affordable colors) but it's so glorious that I needed time to get the perfect pictures! And I finally figured out how to get rid of the wonky shadow that kept showing in all my photos with flash so get excited for a whole new level of Lacquered Lover! Now, without further ado, I give you Chanel Peridot. Just a warning, the pictures will be peppered throughout to show you different angles and different colors!


Above: Peridot - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

Duochromes. After holographic polishes, this is probably my favorite finish because they are constantly flashing different colors! Let me start by saying that I love this polish so much, I did this manicure on Monday and here on Thursday, it's still on! For someone with NADD (Nail Attention Deficit Disorder) like me, this is huge!




Peridot, like the two other Chanel polishes I have tried, is amazing. The application is so incredibly smooth, no streaks, no bald spots with 2 coats and it stays on! All the pictures you see were taken this morning so that's after 3 days of wear and no chips or tip wear!




The polish is named after the gemstone Peridot which is an olive green that flashes different colors in the light. The polish Peridot is a goldish/olive base that in certain lights flashes almost yellow, green, gold, and an antique looking gold that's been tarnished. It's simply stunning. I love that every time my hand moves I see a different color!




I was worried that this color would be too yellow for my skin tone and make me look all washed out but I love it! I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten on it in the last few days, even from strangers! It's just such a unique color, I definitely don't own anything like it and as far as I know, the only dupe is a mini Sephora nail polish and it's not exact.




All in all, this polish was amazing and worth the $25 price tag. It's incredibly unique and I love the different flashes of color. The pigmentation was perfect and the application was incredible. If you're looking for a truly unique color that won't chip and is beautiful, Peridot is for you.

What do you think? Do you love the duochrome? Do you like the color or is it odd to you?

9 comments:

  1. This is literally the 5th or so blog today posting this color!! It's freaky! I personally don't like this color-and I wish I did-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so beautiful! I'm not a big olive green fan, but I may have to splurge come Fall. I think it would be perfect for that season. Plus, peridot is my birth stone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to add this to my collection. It looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing this polish everywhere, but thats okay, because I love it! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...