Wednesday, August 24, 2011

CHANEL Paradoxal

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers. After my quick post-earthquake post yesterday, I figured I'd show you something really special! Now as many of you know, I had my first CHANEL nail polish experience a few weeks ago with CHANEL Graphite which you can read about HERE. It was love at first sight. I knew I needed more, so I tracked down Peridot and Paradoxal, the two other polishes I had seen swatches of and loved! I'm actually wearing Peridot now but don't have enough pictures to capture it's amazing qualities yet so first, I will show you Paradoxal!



Above: Paradoxal - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

This polish certainly did not disappoint! Perfectly opaque in 2 coats with a gorgeous smooth formula. I love polishes that apply like this! Paradoxal is a stunning grey/violet color with taupe undercurrents. It definitely leans more to the grey than the violet shade, however the subtle shimmer in this polish is purple based so when light hits it, you can really get the purple effect.



So stunning! This color is perfect for fall. The pigmentation was great and I love how it can look grey or violet or shimmer or creme depending on the angle. It's just such a versatile color and would really look great with almost anything. I know there was a Revlon dupe out there for Paradoxal but it's my understanding that it's hard to find, however if you want a cheaper option you could try to find that!

All in all, I love this polish and don't feel the least bit bad about the $25 price tag. I definitely have nothing like it in my collection, the application was spectacular and it's just a beautiful Fall color. I love how different it looks in every light and the hidden shimmer that pops out. I wish I had a sunlight picture and I'll try to take one the next time I wear this to show you all how goreous it is in the sun!

What do you all think? Does anyone have Paradoxal or the Revlon dupe? Do you like the grey based trend in the last few years or do you prefer colors?

7 comments:

  1. I don't have this-but it sure is pretty! I am looking forward to the denim blues coming out early september-already want 2 of the 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are loving your expensive new polishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super! I wasn't a big fan of peridot but i love this one! will definitely look for the revlon dupe:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Paradoxal when it was first released last year, and it is probably the polish I wore the most last fall! If you want a backup bottle, you can get Barry M Dusky Mauve. It is a perfect dupe & identical to Paradoxal. And I don't use the word "dupe" loosely, so trust me on this one! I don't have Revlon Perplex just because I didn't feel like I needed it, so I can not comment on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have paradoxal. It's a perfect fall shade as you said! but I had some difficulties applying it...I used it only once but I should give it another try!! yeah...I will definitively cos it's a great shade!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Fingers - I can't wait to see the swatches of the blues!

    @Jacki - I'm glad too otherwise I would have been upset!

    @Audrey L - it's so pretty in person! I think the REvlon is Hard To Find now but good luck! Let me know if you find it!

    @imfeelingnail-venturous - me too!

    @tasha - Isn't it gorgeous? And thanks for the tip on the Barry M!

    @nailderella - definitely try it again! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The polish that started the entire greige wave! I ran into a bottle of this late in the game and it was my first ever Chanel polish. Since they I feel for like you, Graphite - but not after a disappointing purchase of I think it was called Morning Rose from early spring 2011. Like Audry above, I was not a big fan of Peridot- one of the rare ones - the gold in it was too overwhelming to me = it was as if it had a veil of gold metallic foil on top of it vs. IN it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...