Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another Try at Tape Manicures!

Good morning my lacquered lovers! This morning, just a quick little post to show some more of my experimenting with tape manicures! I'm having so much fun searching blogs and finding ideas to try out! Today I have a tape manicure involving crackles and a patchwork manicure!

First up, the patchwork I did last night!




To do this manicure, first I started with my trusty OPI Nail Envy (which is definitely helping with my nail strength and peeling!) Then I did two coats on every nail of OPI Ogre The Top Blue which is a gorgeous bright blue cream (with a coat of Seche Vite Fast Dry) from their Shrek collection. This is definitely one of my favorite bright blues! Next, I taped of different areas on each nail so they would all be slightly different and did a coat of Zoya Trixie, hands down my favorite silver foil. I love how sparkly this polish is! After another coat of Seche Vite Fast Dry, I waited a few more minutes before taping off the last sections and applying NARS Night Flight, a gorgeous deep blue from the Night Series that I reviewed last week HERE. One last coat of Seche Vite and I was good to go! I got a little trigger happy and pulled some of the tape too soon so there was a bit of smudging but for my first try, I was pretty happy!

Next up, a tape mani with crackle!



This was a super quick mani I tried out last week because I wondered how crackle would look with the tape manicure style. I started out with NYC Color Blackula which is from their limited addition halloween collection (and that I completely bought for the name because it made me laugh.) One coat of OPI Nail Envy and two coats of Blackula. Luckily Blackula is a quick dry so within about 15 minutes, I taped off half of my nail on a diaganol and did one coat of China Glaze Tarnished Gold from the Cracked Metals collection. I love how it turned out! So pretty! Definitely will be doing this again in the fall!

So there you have it, a few more tape manicures. I love the look of the patchwork and am going to try again soon, possibly using polishes with different finishes! I'm so excited to find a way of using nail art that I can use!

Are you a fan of the tape manis? Do you like the patchwork, diaganol or stripes the best? Ever tried one?

15 comments:

  1. i love these tape manis! You did a really great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! I havent tried tape manis-but love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I want to try a three color tape mani, but just never have the patience. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love the look of these two manis - going to try this one out - thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both came out great! I think the crackle one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your tape mani with crackle rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trixi is a fab foil - agree! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to try a tape mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both look so good! I've recently started using Nail Envy and it's really helping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The patchwork mani looks great! Nice color combo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining my Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...