Monday, August 29, 2011

Butter London Fall/Winter 2011

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! Today I have almost the entire Butter London Fall/Winter 2011 collection for you! The only one I didn't get was Toff because quite frankly, I didn't like it! However the other four are GORGEOUS and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Now, on to the polish!




Above: Bluey - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

First up is Bluey, a gorgeous peacock blue shade packed with shimmer. The third picture was taken blurry so you can see how much shimmer is packed into this polish! It's absolutely stunning, and as many blues as I own, not one dupe! There is the tiniest hint of green which is what makes this really a "peacock" color, slightly darker than a teal in my opinion. This polish was opaque in 2 coats, no streaking, no bald spots, just a beautiful application. If you are a blue lover, you need this in your collection!




Above: Knees Up - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

Ah Knees Up. First of all, love the name. Secondly, LOVE the polish! I am loving the jewel tones for fall and Knees Up is definitely a jewel toned red. It has a beautiful shimmer to it that somehow doesn't make it too light or too pink like can happen sometimes in polish and it stays a true red. The finish on it almost looks like satin versus Bluey which is definitely a shimmer. I had no application issues with Knees Up, it's gorgeously vibrant and opaque in 2 coats with no brush strokes and just a really pretty red polish. This is the perfect polish to wear to a formal event when you want your nails to pop!



Above: No More Waity, Katie - 3 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

First, let me apologize that I couldn't get a really perfect picture of this polish. No More Waity, Katie originally came out at the time of Kate Middleton's wedding to Prince William but Butter London decided to add it to the Fall Collection as well. No More Waity, Katie is a greyed out lavender that's full of very small lavender glitter that's fairly sparse but definitely gives a textured look to the nails. This was my least favorite of the collection even though I still really liked it, but that was more for the fact that it took 3 coats to get rid of the visible nail line. It's definitely unique in my collection and very pretty, just takes a bit more time to apply.




Above: Wallis - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

Ah Wallis. I actually posted about Wallis once before which you can read HERE. In fact, go read that now so you can learn the story behind the name of this polish! That being said, this color is stunning. It's a blackened olive green that flashes green, yellow, gold and bronze depending on the light. The application like the other shimmers was superb.

So there you have it! Most of the Butter London Fall/Winter 2011 collection. The formulas on these were gorgeous, the colors unique and I just love fall colors so much! It's definitely my favorite nail polish season. Butter London retails for $14 and can be bought at their website, Ricky's or Nordstrom.

What do you think of this collection? Any colors must haves? Any dupes?

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! I looked at these at Ulta the other day, and loved Knees Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love No More Waity Katie and the blue you posted. I was at Ulta and had NMWK in my bag but I put it back so I could get another OPI DS. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I like No More Waity, Katie!
    thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jacki - My pleasure! Knees Up is gorgeous in person!

    @Whitney - I'm sure it'll be one of my favorites for Fall!

    @Theresa - it's really pretty once you figure out you need 3 layers!

    @Fingers - thanks!

    @Emily - I understand the holo love but NMWK is really fun as well!

    @Sarah - Me too!

    @imfeelingnail-venturous - Thanks!

    @OPI Addict - My pleasure! it's such a unique polish, definitely don't have anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big fan of Katie and Knees Up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these colors rock, imo. But Bluey is my fave! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...