Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some Fun With Kleancolor

Good afternoon lacquered lovers! Just a quick little post for you today. Last week was the boyfriends birthday so I let him pick what I should do for my manicure! Since it was his birthday party Saturday night, he wanted something fun and sparkly so he picked out 2 of my new KleanColor glitters! This was the first time I used them and he wanted some really "blinged" out nails!



There is a lot of polish on there! First was a coat of my trusty Seche Base, followed by two coats of China Glaze Starboard. I wanted a bright green base since the sparkles are all in clear bases. Then I added one coat of KleanColor Green With Envy which is large and small pieces of emerald green glitter! Finally, on the accent nail, I fished out stars from KleanColor Silver Star with a toothpick and placed them on the nail. Topped it off with Seche Vite and was good to go!

I did have to do the accent finger twice, because the first time I didn't realize how thick it was or how hard it was to get the stars out so the polish was really thick. It was about an 1/8 of an inch off my nail! It simply wouldn't dry being that thick so I asked the boyfriend to help me take it off and redid it by fishing out the stars and placing them on for round two. I liked the stars but they really are a pain to apply!

KleanColor is $1.75 at www.beautyjoint.com and they have a ton of colors to choose from! Look out for more reviews of their polishes from me soon!

What do you think of his choice of a mani? Do you have any KleanColors?

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I have starboard and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and sparkly! Perfect for a birthday.

    I have the Kleancolor neons. I don't use them very often because I don't wear neons very often, but I do like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sparkly!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...