Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Zoya Matte Velvet Lacquer Swatches and Review

Good afternoon Lacqured Lovers! As promised, here is today's Matte Week post featuring the four Zoya Matte Velvet Lacquer polishes that I own! The first three you will see, Savita, Harlow and Veruschka were released as the Winter Velvet Collection in 2009 and the final polish, Lordena, was from the Fall Velvet Collection in 2009. So, without further ado, here are the polishes! You'll see them both in their original matte glory and then with top coat as well.



Above: Savita - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

I'm showing you my favorite from this collection first! Savita is a true purple matte, something that is unique in my collection and I fell in love when I put it on my nails. Even in its matte form, it has that lit from within look with slightly blackened edges that I just adore, yet it's not so dark that you can't see what a beautiful shade of purple it was. Now let's see it with one coat of Seche Vite top coat:




Stunning! I'm not sure if I like it better matte or glossy! The camera is making this a little too blue-leaning but it's gorgeous. The shimmer really pops through when it's glossy! On to the next one,...



Above: Harlow - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

Harlow is a really pretty berry shimmer matte polish. I like that it's red enough that I don't have to call it "pink" and the berry is a true description. I thought this was a really pretty for spring, not so sure about the Fall or Winter but then again, I'm not a pink person. Let's see what it looks like with one coat of Seche Vite Top Coat on top:




Pretty! I think I like this one better glossy! The shimmer that's in Harlow almost looks silver with the top coat! Now, on to the next one,...



Above: Veruschka - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

Veruschka is my second favorite of all of these. Up until I received Nawesome Sauce by ManGlaze last week it was my only green matte and it's stunning! A true forest green packed with shimmer. This is the perfect color for the Fall or the holiday season in my opinion. Let's see it glossy with one coat of Seche Vite top coat:




It's so pretty. Like Savita it gets that lit from within look that's just so pretty on the nail and the shimmer really pops out when a top coat is applied. Now, on to the last,...



Above: Lordena - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

Aside from the fact that my camera had trouble capturing Lordena, it's probably my least favorite of this group. Part of that could have something to do with the fact that I have other grey mattes that I love (like ManGlaze Fuggen Ugly) and this just fell flat for me. There wasn't enough shimmer. Let's take a look with one coat of Seche Vite top coat,...




It's a fine grey, it has some subtle shimmer, I just think there are better grey mattes out there.

So, there you have it, Zoya Matte Velvet Lacquers. A few of them are still available on Zoya's website for $8. I personally love Savita and Veruschka, Harlow is pretty if you're into pinks or berries but I'd skip Lordena for another grey matte.

What did you all think? Any must haves from these collections?

19 comments:

  1. OMG, I NEED Savita!! thanks for creating a lemming, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with Veruschka and also love Savita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeee!!! What a gorgeous gorgeous set of swatches. You have created several lemmings for me as well!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE matte Savita! It's got such a GLOW from within

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the purple and green, Harlow wasn't available on the site anymore but I did get Posh to replace that and I love all 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in LOVE with Matte polishes, but I don't own too many :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really cool - I've only ever seen black matte polish before and it looked as if I dipped my hands in soot :( The purple looks the best.

    By the way, I'm a new follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the matte look without the top coat. I think I may have to purchase a few soon. Still haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg I love them all!!!! I love mattes because they could be worn 2 beautiful ways

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don''t own any matte polishes. I love pink, so Harlow is my fav. I will have to add this one to my wish list. It's gorgeous glossy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I follow several different nail blogs, but you are the one that keeps getting me to buy these amazing and different nail polishes! Yesterday, I bought 3 ManGlazes because of you. Tonight, I just might have to buy a couple of Zoya matte's! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Veruschka.. :) I wish I have Zoya.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much to everyone for the awesome comments! I love reading your feedback (and that I'm inspiring you to buy and try new types of polish!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I may need to get that green one! Because of you, I had to buy Manglaze Nawsome sauce and the blue one(forget the name) Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh! i love these! espec harlow and lordena..purdyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bringin' it matte! Nice! ;-) I have Veruschka but have wanted Savita for awhile now. Do you have Posh as well? (LE) Would love to see swatches of that one...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...