Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Guest Post by Amy of I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous

Good afternoon my fellow Lacquered Lovers! I have a treat for you today! The lovely Amy from I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous and I decided to get together to do a swap guest post! Click on her link below later tonight to check out my post on her blog! We agreed to both do "fall themed" manicures! I love Amy's blog so be sure you check it out! So without further ado, here is her post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello lacquered lovers! *waves* I am so excited because this is my very first guest post, and I am so glad it is on Carly's amazing blog. Carly is featured on my blog today too! So please check it out over at my blog HERE.


I only own a few of the OPI DS polishes, and this post features one of them, OPI DS Illuminate. Because Summer is over and Fall is here, I decided to show you a Fall inspired manicure. Here is two coats of OPI DS Illuminate. This is an amazing brown holographic/shimmery polish. It is perfect for the season! My photos do not do it justice as they were taken indoors. It is a shame the sun wasn't out! That is the down fall of doing manicures late at night! I was not about to risk a smudge or something....So I took my photos immediately! =)






And of course I could not have do a guest post with a plain polish..... So I used Kleancolor Metallic Brown and Bundle Monster stamping plate BM19 to stamp on a subtle leave print. I wanted this print to somewhat blend in so it would not take away from the awesomeness of this polish. I added some little fimo leaves for a little something extra as an accent nail.








Thanks Carly for letting me be a guest on your blog! It was fun! Be sure you check out my blog HERE for fun reviews and giveaways!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much Amy for that awesome post! I hope you all enjoy these little guest posts I do sometimes! I figure it's a great way to expose all my amazing readers to new blogs and bloggers and it gives me a chance to learn some new tips!

What did you all think of Amy's manicure? Have you ever used the fimo slices before?

11 comments:

  1. Nice way the subtle stamping worked on the DS. I have this DS shade and need to get it out. So many shades to wear - I need fall to last longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exciting! Thanks again Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how muted the brown leaves are against this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that beautifully brown OPI :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea!
    www.grace-and-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stamp is purrrrfect, these are great fall nails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails look fantastic! Perfect for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, that Kleancolor stamped very nicely! I haven't tried Fimo yet--fear it'll be too "stickey uppy" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure I'd like the fimo either-would be bumpy and I can just see myself rubbing it off! Love the mani though-very subtle but nice color combo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...