Friday, September 9, 2011

Fun Friday Featuring Glitter Week!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! I am completely exhausted after an awesome Fashion's Night Out last night (blog post to come about that later) but first I wanted to share my Fun Friday for this week! And of course, since this is glitter week, it features glitter! Well, one with glitter and one with holo but I feel like holo is glitter in its own way so I'm posting both! First up, the actual glitter tape manicure!



I started off with two coats of Petite Colors Electric Indigo that my amazing boyfriend bought me last weekend when we went on a little polish hunt! I'd never tried this brand before but it's a pretty good quality and this color is so cute!



Next up I pulled out my trusty tape and used Illamasqua Phallic, which is a gorgeous navy blue that has a ton of shimmer. I adore this shade and can't wait to wear it this fall/winter!




Lastly, the glitter, OPI Absolutely Alice. Here's a quick story about this polish. I got this polish when it first came out along with Mad As a Hatter. I never really loved either of them because I think glitters like this can look messy. Then I found out that these are VERY Hard to find polishes. So clearly, the hoarder in me can't part with them, but I rarely use them. However now that I've discovered tape manicures, I kind of like it as an accent! Absolutely Alice is a densely packed blue and silver microglitter that dries rough without a thick top coat. So here you have it!

Now on to the bonus Fun Friday manicure!




After hurricanes and lots of rain, we had a day of sun last Sunday so I wanted to do a fun holo manicure! This is OPI DS Sapphire and China Glaze LOL.





Yep that's a LOT of pictures but I just loved it! LOL is such a pretty purple holographic polish, I wish I could have gotten pictures in the sun but I forgot to bring out my camera! So I hope this is enough holo amazingness for you!

So there you have it, a Fun Friday post complete with glitter AND holographic! What more could you want in life? Stay tuned for my Fashion's Night Out Post later this afternoon!

What do you think of these tape manicures? Do you prefer holos or glitters?

8 comments:

  1. The blue one reminds me of those patchwork denim jeans that used to be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them!!!! Wow, I wouldn;t be able to stop staring at my nails! hahaha

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do glitters but am crazy for holos! These tape manis are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the bottom manicure! The holo is awesome as a tape mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the design & the blue is so IN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much everyone! They are so fun to do and so simple! I will have to do a tutorial soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...