Thursday, September 15, 2011

Matte Week: Orly Metal Chic Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon Lacquered Lovers! Just a quick little post today for matte week! Today I'm bringing you two of the three polishes from the Orly Metal Chic collection which was released at the end of 2009.



Above: Iron Butterly - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

When I first got Iron Butterly, I thought to myself that I had another grey matte that wouldn't quite live up to ManGlaze Fuggen Ugly (the holy grail of grey mattes for me.) But, I was wrong! Iron Butterfly is much darker and almost looks like the shimmer is thicker, closer to a flake. It's stunning! Perfect for winter! Let's see it with top coat:



Stunning! This one I think I prefer matte but it's just so pretty both ways! And unique in the world of grey mattes! On to the next one:



Above: Glam Rock - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

I am on the fence about Glam Rock. I LOVE the color and love the shimmer, however I think the color looks weird on me! I'm not sure what it is, but copper shimmery just doesn't seem to work with my skin tone! The polish itself is beautiful, but this one might have to find a new home! Let's see it with top coat,...



So pretty! I just wish it looked better on me.

So there you are, a super quick review of some Orly matte polishes. I love that these polishes have a finish that's similar to the OPI Suedes but are almost more metallic if that's possible. I know I'll be wearing Iron Butterfly a lot this winter!

What did you all think? Do you have any Orly matte polishes? Which do you like? Do you prefer your mattes to be more shimmer or creamy?

8 comments:

  1. Iron Butterfly is so up my alley! def like it better unmatted though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of trying matte nail polish just to mix it up a little bit, but I can't decide if it's worth it. I've heard it chips really fast...have you noticed an average number of days before chipping with matte polishes? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own any of the Orly matte, but I am loving the first one you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just own one matte-Orly Blue Suede and really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words ladies! I love the mattes!

    Leeanne - I will be honest, I rarely wear my polish for more than 48 hours top but I know the mattes do chip more easily. I'd try a sticky base coat like Orly Bonder or CND STickey to try and remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the suggestion Carly! I think I'm going to try a matte polish out, just gotta restrict myself to only buying one until I decide if I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...