Friday, September 9, 2011

NYC Fashion's Night Out

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! As promised, here is a post all about my adventures at Fashion's Night Out last night! FNO is an event that kicks off New York Fashion Week where stores, mobile trucks, pop up shops all have events that people can go to for Fashion Week! Since you can't get into a fashion show without a ticket, this is a great alternative! Clearly I had to do something awesome for my manicure so here is my first stab at a corset manicure!




This look was created using Butter London Knees Up, a Milani black nail art brush and my dotting tools! It took awhile and it wasn't perfect but it was good enough that people at FNO kept asking me who did my manicure and at which event it was done! Felt good to say I did it myself!

Now, onto the events! First I stopped off for a preview at the Sally Hansen event at Talbots on Madison Avenue. It was so cute! They had a bunch of their Insta-Dry polishes and Salon Effects on display and were doing manicures! They also had an eyebrow shaping booth. Here are some pictures of the displays and the manicure station:






So fun! Unfortunately I had to run to another event so I couldn't stick around once it started but I heard it was a ton of fun! Next, I was off to Ricky's newest location on 88th and Broadway:



It was so awesome! You walked in and got a giftbag full of goodies like Mattesse Elite makeup, tweezers, a gel eye mask, nail buffer, etc. They had free drinks from Hypnotiq, games to guess candle scents (I guessed all 3 wrong!) and raffles all night! Plus a DJ, mini makeovers from TooFaced and a manicure station! I took advantage of the $25 hair blowout which was amazing AND the deal is good through the end of September, so if you are in NY, definitely check out the Revolver Salon! Here is a picture of me post hair blowout and holding my goodie bag:


Special thanks to the wonderful boyfriend AJ for taking this picture and for accompanying me to FNO!

Unfortunately by the time we got home I was so exhausted I forgot to take pictures of the inside of my goodie bag but I'll try to post that up this weekend! Our last stop of the night was down in the Meatpacking District to check out the Color Club Mobile Truck that they set up for the night! However when we got down there, something happened and they had to close early, but here are a few quick pictures I got:




It was so cute! It was an old ice cream truck and they had pictures of polishes on it like ice cream! Even though it was closed, I spoke with a lovely woman who ended up giving me the special edition Fashion Night Out polish that Color Club created called FNO Red in a pack with their black crackle!




Those were all the events we checked out but here are a few more pictures of what we saw around the MeatPacking District! Tons of shops had outdoor areas set up, and well it's just not something you see every day on the streets of NYC!







Phew! So there you have it! My Fashion's Night Out experience in a nutshell! It was a ton of fun and I can't wait to go back in the spring!

Did any of you go to any FNO events this year? What did you think?

16 comments:

  1. how awesome!!!!!!!!!!! so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like tons of fun!! Super cute!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Jacki said: so jealous! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seems like a super awesome nigh + your mani is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carly I would have cracked up if saw myself in those pics... I was at the Color Club truck too right as they were shutting down!!! What was that about?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The manicure is not only outstanding but pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! It's looks like you had tons of fun. Shoutout to AJ. I don't think my hubby could've tolerated all that girly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous, I wish we had cool events like this in my boring little town! PS- looooving the corset mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nails look so gorgeous.. and the events look fun too :D I wish I could attend those too lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! And Knees UP! is a shade I am so lemming - it's got to jump into my Beauty.com shopping bag ASAP!! The nail art is so cute for that night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so fun. super glad i found your blog. i'm following. I'd love if you'd check out my celebrity fashion and style blog and see if your interested in following too. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for all your kind comments ladies! So glad you liked my first attempt at a corset manicure and my crazy FNO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...