Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Glitter Week: Deborah Lippmann Today Was a Fairytale

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! I hope you enjoye the first part of my Deborah Lippman Readers poll winner(s) found HERE. Now I give you part two, Today Was a Fairytale!



Above: Today Was a Fairytale - 2 coats over 1 coat OPI Nail Envy

Today Was a Fairytale came out as part of Deborah Lippman's Holiday collection of 2010. Unlike the rest of the Lippmann glitters which generally cost $16 or $18, Today Was a Fairytale runs at $20 a bottle. This is in part due to its secret ingredient of virgin diamond dust. Yes, I just (sort of) had diamonds on my nails. At least that's what I tell people.



As you can see in the above picture, Today Was a Fairytale is silver glitter in all different sizes in a dark grey jelly. After two coats and under direct light you can see visible nail line but it isn't as bad as long as you're not flashing a light on it. I will be doing a post later this week comparing this color to two other silver sparkle top coats so stay tuned for that!




I do like Today Was a Fairytale because there is a ton of glitter in it and the large glitter kind of makes your nails look like a disco ball. Generally when I wear this, I like to layer it over a silver to really give it that disco ball look. I have to say that for $20 I'd expect something a bit more exciting, although I do think this is one of the best silver sparkle polishes I own.

What do you think of Today Was a Fairytale? Did you like this or Across the Universe better? Do you like to layer jelly/sparkle polishes over an opaque polish or just build it up?

13 comments:

  1. Ohh I love this one!! Such a gorgeous glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this glitter. i do agree, $20 is a bit steep, but it really is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it, it looks like OPI's Crown me Already. I love all things glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing a comparisson with Crown Me Already that will be up later this week! Keep your eyes open for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like AtU better even though it's got no virgin diamonds in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great but I don't think I could drop $20 for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too hunky chunky for me. I love DL but won't be getting this glitter. As one commenter said, it looks a lot like the OPI Crown Me Already. Wonder who copied from whom? I have a feeling it was DL first then OPI.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @beachgal - the Deborah Lippmann came out last fall and OPI this summer, however you'll see in my comparison post later this week that they are actually pretty different!

    Thanks everyone for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome polish! Really expensive though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really love all of her colors!! i want them all!! this is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her polishes are very expensive but just so gorgeous. I know that Revlon and Wet N Wild are coming out with dupes for a few of hers, but so far no dupe for ATU or Today Was a Fairytale!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...