Friday, September 2, 2011

Fun Friday Featuring Illamasqua Viridian and OPI Glitzerland

Good afternoon my fellow Lacquered Lovers! Since I've begun to experiment with nail art, I thought I'd institute a new tradition here on Lacquered Lover called "Fun Friday!" Every Friday I'll show you a "fun" manicure versus swatches or a review! Today's post is all about my first adventure with dotting tools!




I began with a coat of OPI Nail Envy topped with two coats of Illamasqua Viridian. Viridian is a gorgeous deep forest green that's packed with shimmer. I love this color for fall, it's so pigmented and isn't blackened to the point that you can't tell it's green! Even in the shade or indoors it looks like a deep green and it's just beautiful, fully opaque in 2 coats and so shiny!





Then I picked up one of my new dotting tools I just bought ($4 on Amazon!) and started trying to make polka dots. It was surprisingly easy! I decided to only do half on each nail on a diaganol. I used OPI Glitzerland from the Swiss Collection because it's probably my favorite gold. It was definitely time consuming but I think the final result was pretty cute! I topped it off with some Seche Vite Fast Dry and I was good to go!

So there you have it, my first "Fun Friday" manicure. Do you all like this idea? Should I keep it up? What do you think of the dots?

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I love this! Such a fun idea, I can't wait to see your future Friday posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you got such a great dotting kit for $4 on Amazon. The fun Friday look is cute! I need to get brave and do more than my little stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and the colors are perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Fun Friday idea! I love seeing other peoples nail art. It gives me inspiration for my own. Good job on the dotting! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun manicure! I got your package by the way. I have emailed you but just in case you don't check it haha. THanks again! Lovely giveaway winnings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the great comments everyone! The dotting tools were super easy to use and the manicure came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...