Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Avon Nailwear Pro+ Nail Polish Spam Post! Swatches and Review of 13 New Shades!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you're all having a fabulous Tuesday!  Today, I have something really fun to show you!  Last week, Avon released 45 new shades as part of their Nailwear Pro+ Line!  I have 13 of them to show you today:


There are 4 finishes within the 45 new colors; creme, shimmer, sequin and sheer!  Since there are 13 polishes here, expect lots of pictures, less talking!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Absinthe

Absinthe is a "sequin" finish.  This actually really looks like the color of Absinthe and is a pale green with yellow undertones and gold shimmer that's very prominent.  It seems the shimmer in the sequin finishes are a different shade than the polish itself.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and easy to work with.


Above:  2 Coats of Berry Smooth

Berry Smooth is a "creme" finish although this one almost applied like a jelly!  Berry Smooth is a deep reddish purple that looks squishy and vibrant!  I liked this shade much more on the nails than in the bottle because it's brighter on the nail.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and very smooth.



Above:  2 coats of Coral Beat

Coral Beat is another creme finish and is a vibrant coral.  This shade is perfect for summer pedicures!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and fairly saturated.


Above:  2 coats of Jade

Jade was a real stand out in this collection for me!  Jade is a gorgeous light green, not quite mint but the awesome thing is that it doesn't give me "lobster hands" the way a lot of light greens do!  The formula was great, pretty vibrant and opaque in 2 coats.



Above:  2 coats of Lagoon

Lagoon is a gorgeous bright blue shimmer.  My only complaint with this polish is that you can see a hint of the brush stroke because the shimmer is bordering on frosty, but the color is so pretty that it's worth it!  The formula was good, opaque in two coats, it's just a matter of how much brush strokes will bother you.



Above:  2 coats of Lucky Penny

I am actually surprised how much I LOVE Lucky Penny!  Lucky Penny is one of the sequin finishes and it's so sparkly and vibrant!  This is somewhere between an orange and a copper and it's just gorgeous.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and lots of sparkles!



Above:  2 coats of Night Violet

Night Violet is another of the sequin polishes.  Night Violet is a deep, blackened plum but you can still see that it's purple thanks to the lighter purple shimmer in it.  This is an amazing color for Fall!  The formula was excellent, opaque in 2 coats.



Above:  2 coats of Rave

Rave is another of the sequin finish nail polishes and another surprise love of mine.  I'm not usually into pinks but there is something about this one that's just gorgeous.  It has that glow from within look that I love with the gold shimmer in the pink polish that makes it look like rose cold!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and lots of sparkle.


Above:  2 coats of Sea Breeze

Sea Breeze is one of the cremes and a gorgeous turquoise.  I love that this isn't quite "bright" but also isn't a pastel.  The formula was a tad bit thick but easy enough to work with. 



Above:  2 coats of Sunshine

Yay another yellow that doesn't look bad on me!  Sunshine is a bright yellow creme.  Not nearly a neon and totally a wearable yellow which is really nice.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and good coverage.


Above:  2 coats of Tangtastic

Tangtastic is a gorgeous red based orange.  I was expecting this to be a bit more orange but I actually love how different it is with all the red undertones!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and really vibrant!


Above:  2 coats of Viva Pink

Viva Pink is a vibrant bright pink creme.  This is the perfect girly pink color for Summer.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and very saturated.



Above:  2 coats of Watermelon

Last but not least is Watermelon, a very saturated fuchsia creme.  This color is perfectly named as this reminds me of watermelon!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and very vibrant.

All in all, I think these polishes are great.  Avon really stepped up their game with this formula as all the different finishes (aside from the sheers which I didn't try) were opaque in two coats, easy to work with and very vibrant.  The sequin finish is definitely my favorite because they are the most unique and sparkly!  These polishes are now available through Avon or an Avon rep!  I'll leave you with some nail art I did recently using these:



What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

26 comments:

  1. I love Avon nailpolish! The new colors look great so gonna buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade, Night Violet and Sea Breeze are my favs! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absinthe and Jade look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sea breeze is my fav I love that they have some summery colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nail art you did with Nailwear Pro+! Super cute Ca :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jade has been out, I actually got it a long time ago. I hate it when companies come out with new collections that have lots of repromotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not quite a repromote since they changed their formula. They did keep a bunch of their best selling colors but the formulas are updated and SO much better!

      Delete
  7. Hi Carly,

    here in Hungary colors seems to be different: there are 15 new (with clear). I love them really, my personal favorite is Coral Reef, Lemon Sugar and Cosmic Blue. I agree on the formula although I found it a bit too thick for creames. Sea Breeze is not so bluish, more vibrant and greenish here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that they have different shades in different countries!

      Delete
  8. Love the bright pinks! I'd be interested to see a comparison post of Sea Breeze with the other great turquoises out there (Zoya Wednesday, CG For Audrey, etc.) as well. Maybe there's a dupe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on looking for some dupes in my MANY turquoise polishes this weekend!

      Delete
  9. This is kind of a fun collection! Maybe it's Absinthe. lol. My favorites are Jade and Rave, though I do like the vampiness of Night Violet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avon nail polishes is very good and very nice color :)
    Your blog is very pretty :)

    http://barbsbeautyblog.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That's a lot of swatching! I have not used an Avon polish since the 80's. Seems like a good stable of colors and easy for many polish hounds to get as there are so many Avon Reps. As far as dupes, yes, there seems to be a lot of 'em - but as I always say, there are so many new collectors and to them, there are no dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Berry smooth, viva pink and watermelon are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Night Violet looks beautiful :) and a 2 coat yellow is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...