Monday, June 11, 2012

Layla Ceramic Effect Nail Polish in 24, 40, 42 and 44 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  I actually had an awesome makeover with one of my friends this weekend that was super fun!  Today, I have four Layla polishes to show you!  I will be showing you all the Hologram and a bunch of the Magnetics soon, but today, I have their Ceramic Effect line to show you!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  3 coats of Layla Ceramic Effect 24

Ceramic Effect 24 is a gorgeous baby blue with pink shimmer in it.  This is like a more subtle version of Models Own Indian Ocean or a more intense version of Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily.  In person, you can absolutely see the pink shimmer.  I wouldn't call it a duochrome but the pink shimmer is apparent and really pretty!  The formula was a bit thin and needed 3 coats for full opacity but it's so pretty it was worth the extra effort!




Above:  2 coats of Layla Ceramic Effect 40

Ceramic Effect 40 is a bright red cherry creme.  This is a bit more pink leaning than blue so it's a really warm red creme.  It almost looks like a jelly because it's so squishy!  The formula was really nice, fully opaque in three coats.  Not a terribly unique polish but good if you need a standard red!




Above:  2 coats of Layla Ceramic Effect 42

This is as close as color accurate as I could get to 42.  It's a tad bit more green in person and is a gorgeous turquoise!  I love this shade!  I'm such a sucker for a turquoise or a teal and this straddles the line of the two.  The formula was excellent, opaque in two coats and really pigmented!




Above:  2 coats of Layla Ceramic Effect 44

Last but certainly not least is Ceramic Effect 44.  Ceramic Effect 44 is a red foil nail polish.  It's definitely tilting to the pink side but it's more red than my pictures are showing.  It's gorgeous!  It was also practically a one coater which is amazing and with two coats it was really vibrant and amazing. 

All in all, I really liked these polishes!  The tall skinny bottles were a tad bit hard to work with since they seem more like stripers than bottles of polish but you get used to them pretty quickly.  Layla Ceramic Effect runs for approximately $8.00 depending on where you buy them.

What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! I really like the blue colors, I'm a sucker for teals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, and maybe I'm just not very bright, but I totally don't get the ceramic effect thing... as in, what does it mean and what's it look like, as opposed to....? Anyhoo, 44 looks like a slightly darker Zoya Rory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liesl I'm right there in confusion-land with you. I looked these up online and the Layla site says, "Thanks to a special density, Layla Ceramic Effect leaves your nails always shiny and very smooth. Ceramic Effect does not require the application of a nail polish base, you can have perfect nails in less time using only and exclusively Layla Ceramic Nail Polish Effect" So unless I'm still missing something, "ceramic" just means thick and shiny. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it's kind of like Sally Hansen Complete Manicure for twice the price? lol. Thanks for looking it up! It makes a certain amount of sense now. lol. :)

      Delete
  4. The 44 is so pretty! I am a sucker for foils!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love 24 & 44. They are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 24 and now I think I need 42 too!! I can't get enough turquoises haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...