Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chick Nail Polish in All a Twitter, GR8 Gray Owl, Falcon Gray and Moss Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you're all having a lovely Thursday!  The weather in New York has been gorgeous during the day so I'm in a fabulous mood!  Today, I have a new brand to show you called Chick.  Their bottles are super cute with a picture of a little chick and the brand is Big Three Free AND Vegan friendly for those of you who want your nail products to be healthy and ethical!  A little side note that the lovely people at Chick did also send me an amazing lip balm that I wanted to include (and both the boyfriend and I are obsessed with it) but unfortunately we lost it before I could take pictures!  Very sad but trust me, it's awesome.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of All A Twitter

I seriously love this name for this shade!  All A Twitter is the perfect Twitter blue!  This light blue is great because it even makes someone as pale as me look tan!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and really pigmented.  I was worried because shades like this can often be streaky but this one was excellent!




Above:  2 coats of Falcon Pearl

Falcon Pearl is a shimmery/frosty gunmetal grey.  The reason I say it's both shimmery and frosty is because it's kind of halfway between the two.  You can see a bit of brush stroke the way you do with a frost but it's also shimmery and doesn't have that frosted look.  The formula on this one was a bit thin so it was a bit harder to work with and I had some pooling issues.




Above:  2 coats of  GR8 Gray Owl

GR8 Gray Owl is a really nice grey creme.  It's a "warmer" grey if that makes sense, it's not stark and it looks very creamy and inviting.  The formula was excellent on this one, practically a one coater but I added a second to even it out.  This is a great neutral polish!




Above:  2 coats of Moss

Moss is definitely my favorite of this collection!  Moss is a gorgeous deep green with lots of blue in it.  I wouldn't quite call it teal but if a deep green and teal had a nail polish baby, Moss would be it.  It's absolutely stunning!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and extremely pigmented and vibrant!

All in all, I was really impressed with Chick nail polish!  The formulas on the cremes were superb and All A Twitter and Moss are really gorgeous colors.  Chick nail polish (and the awesome lip balm that is so worth it) is available on their website for $9 per bottle.  If you are looking for quality vegan friendly products, this is a great product for you!

What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not fan of birds (they poop on cars), but Grey Owl is gorgeous! Thanks for the cute swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colours! Love the bottle logo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! I think your 2 faces are mine as well. You can't go wrong with a good green polish. I really want to try this brand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...