Thursday, June 21, 2012

Milani One Coat Glitters in Lavender Fizz, Pink Flare and Twinkle Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Thank you all so much for the warm wishes for my birthday yesterday! You all made me feel incredibly lucky to have such awesome readers!  Amazing how a little thing can just make your day!  But enough gushing, there is nail polish to be seen today!  Today, I'm bringing you part one of a multi part series on Milani nail polishes!  We're starting off with something fun, a few of the new One Coat Glitter collection!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Lavender Fizz

First up is Lavender Fizz, which you might imagine is a lavender glitter!  In this polish there is both light purple micro glitter as well as larger circular glitter in the same shade that gives this polish a lot of dimension.  Above is two coats which is pretty close to opaque although you can see some bits of the tip of my nail.  If I were to wear this as a full manicure, I'd probably do a third coat or layer something underneath.  This was really an easy glitter to work with and with waiting just 2 minutes between coats, it went on smooth!



Above:  2 coats of Pink Flare

Pink Flare is a really interesting glitter because it's a light, delicate pink micro glitter that's almost neutral on my skin tone and then has larger circular holographic glitter that packs a punch!  This polish could have used a third coat or something underneath to truly be opaque but the formula was really easy to work with!  I think this one is really unique!



Above:  1 coat of Twinkle over 2 coats of White on the Spot

Last but certainly not least is Twinkle!  This was by far the least dense so I thought it would be neat to show you all one coat of it over a white and I love this combo!  Twinkle is a deep purple micro glitter with larger bright blue round glitters!  It's so fun and bright and I really love how it popped over white!  The formula was great, really easy to use, no fishing for glitters necessary but I'm guessing it would take close to 4 if not 5 coats to be opaque.

All in all, I really liked these!  The glitters were easy to use, the combination of micro glitter and larger round glitter is really nice and the colors are fun!  These are a step away from the couple other one coat glitters I had tried which were all micro glitter and I have to say I like the new look!  These polishes are available now wherever Milani are sold.

What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

18 comments:

  1. These are lovely glitters :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love Milani, it has really never left me disappointed and you can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous polishes, they are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty glitters. I love Pink Flare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous polishes! I love anything with glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pink flare isn't unique ;) opi katy perry had one and bourjois has one too :)
    still prefer the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how Pink Flare compares to Strobe Light from Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line... based on my bottle of Strobe Light and your pic I'd guess Pink Flare is heavier on the microglitter, but that they'd be fairly similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't have that one to compare it, sorry!

      Delete
  8. They are all beautiful and affordable as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...