Tuesday, January 24, 2012

ManGlaze Lesbihonest Swatches and Review (Or How I Named ManGlaze's Lesbihonest!)

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  This afternoon I have an awesome treat for you (and for me!)  First, a little back story to explain the title of this post.  A few months ago, ManGlaze posted a sneak peek of a new color that they were developing.  The name they came up with had something to do with girls kissing each other, but I felt like it wasn't quite right and suggested the name Lesbihonest to them (half jokingly.)  Lo and Behold, 3 months later, Lesbihonest is here!






Above:  All different bottle shots (each side) of Lesbihonest

Now, you might wonder why my bottle looks different from the ones on their website.  That's because mine, and a few other peoples, are the non-color version that got sent out as a 'sorry' for Santorum being late and was sent before the actual color label was finished!  And, the most exciting part of this all for me is that under the description of Lesbihonest on ManGlaze's Facebook Store, they give me a shout out!  Read it HERE  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!








Above:  1 coat of Lesbihonest

Yes we have another one coater!  Lesbihonest is a gorgeous fuschia matte polish that's packed full of shimmer!  Look at the macro shot and how shimmery it is!  I love it!  This is an awesome color for spring and summer.  Let's see it now with top coat!







Above:  1 coat of Lesbihonest with top coat

I'm honestly not sure if I like it better matted or with a top coat!  It's gorgeous both way!  I love how pigmented it is and how vibrant!

So there you have it, the first polish I've ever named and it's named Lesbihonest.  My parents must be so proud.  :)  I actually adore this polish and think the label is hilarious and am really looking forward to wearing it this Spring and Summer!

What do you think of Lesbihonest?  Do you prefer it matte or glossy?

35 comments:

  1. *heartthrob* I NEED this one...only I wouldn't want the kiddos to see the artwork lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story!!!!!!
    I LOVE this shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is so cool that you named it, I like it both ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so excited! I agree, I love it both matte and glossy!

      Delete
  4. Your parents are THRILLED that they picked your name suggestion.....I know....I'm the mom! I also like the color and might have to borrow it come the spring in NY. Might like matte on the toes? What does my expert daughter think??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks mom! I'm actually wearing it on my toes right now! I love matte on the toes!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You will love it! Let me know how you like it when you get it!

      Delete
  6. I am mad for this shade - but then I adore fuchsia/magenta polishes - this one I much prefer with a clear topper so i can see all the goodies in the formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glossy really does bring out all the shimmery goodness! I think it would look great (if you have long enough nails which I don't)to have it matte with glossy tips!

      Delete
  7. That is so awesome! I like the uncolored bottle - it's a little more hush. The color is gorgeous and while I don't care much for mattes, I like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right about the bottle! It's a bit more subtle than the colored version!

      Delete
  8. Matte Fushia...I woulda never thought of this combination but it's a knockout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have thought of it either but it looks fabulous!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful color! I really can't choose between glossy and matte; they are both gorgeous. Congrats on your name being chosen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And you're right, it's too hard to choose a favorite!

      Delete
  10. Love your blog. I just nominated you for an award. Check it out on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously this color is gorgeous! I just stumbled upon your blog and I am so glad that I did! I am now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you did! Welcome to Lacquered Lover world!

      Delete
  12. I like this one matte! Although I do appreciate a pretty shiny shimmery polish too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the great thing about mattes, you can wear it matte for a day, then add a top coat and it's like a whole new manicure!

      Delete
  13. Very cool polish...that bottle is very risque!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As you know I hate pink-but think its so very cool that you named it! It's a great name!! Way to go Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy CRAP that's gorgeous!! Man, Manglaze just keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found your blog and have spent the last 2 hours here! I love the colors Manglaze puts out, and their names & labels crack me up! Quite a fabulous story about the name.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...