Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Zoya Fleck Collection for Spring 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow Lacquered Lovers!  I hope you all enjoyed my swatches and review of the Zoya True Collection yesterday!  For this morning, I have the three effect top coats that are being released at the same time called the Fleck Collection!


The Zoya Fleck Collection consists of three flakie overcoats that are made from Mylar.  Maisie is light blue and green flecks in a sheer blue base, Chloe is pink and green Mylar in a sheer pink base and Opal is a green fleck in a sheer green base.  These are all clearly layering polishes because the effect doesn't really show on the nail alone so I'll show you a few different combinations in this post!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  2 coats of Zoya Cho.  From top to bottom - Maisie, Chloe, Opal, Cho on its own

First up I thought I'd show you all three over a nude so you can see how the sheer bases can change lighter colors!  As you can see, the flakes themselves in Maisie and Opal are fairly similar, but with the bases it gives the polish a cool tint!




Above:  2 coats of Zoya Bevin topped with 1 coat of Chloe

I was actually shocked how much I loved this combination!  Bevin is a great sage green from Zoya's True Collection and the pink and light green flakies from Chloe is a great contrast!  It totally changes the polish in a great way!  I love that there are two different colors of flakies in here that almost make it look like two different layers!  As you can see, there are a LOT of flakies in here as this was just one coat of Chloe!




Above:  2 coats of Zoya Tru topped with one coat of Zoya Maisie
I'm obsessed with this combination!  I just love Zoya Tru with its flecks and warm purple tone but put a blue/green flakie on top and it's simply gorgeous!  The flakies really pop and give this manicure a three dimensional look that I just love.  The flakies in Maisie are just as dense as Chloe and it looks fantastic with just one coat!




Above:  2 coats of Zoya Lotus topped with 1 coat of Opal

I had to get a macro shot of this combination because I love it!  Lotus is the cooler toned purple from the True Collection and adding Opal on top to give it green and a hint of blue flakies is gorgeous!  I love the contrast! 


Above:  Zoya Kristen topped with (from top to bottom) Maisie, Chloe and Opal
Just one more shot of each color on the nail!  This time I used a grey as a base, Zoya Kristen from the Feel Collection this past winter, and here is where you can truly see the difference best between Maisie and Opal!

All in all, I love these!  Flakie top coats are a great way to spruce up any manicure and give it a little something extra.  There are a lot of flakies circling out there in the nail polish world right now, but I love these!  The sheer colored bases give a little something extra to a manicure by changing the base color ever so slightly and I love that in each flakie, there is 2 colors.  Opal and Maisie are fairly similar in the flakies in them, however Opal definitely has more green and Maisie has more blue.  This collection will be available on January 13th through Zoya's website!

What do you think of the Fleck Collection?

*These polishes were sent to me for my unbiased review.  If you would like more information, please see my disclosure policy above.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! Love this I wishs shipping to India was not this high :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this forever! so gonna get Chloe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! will be getting them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Maisie is my fave...nice combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure I am loving any of these. I prefer the Finger Paints! At least I'm branching out right??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, I shockingly love the combo of Bevin and Chloe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...