Monday, January 30, 2012

Zoya Gems and Jewels Collection Holiday 2011 Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I'm a bit late to the party on this one but let me start with a story.  I always thought that bar glitter looked weird.  In fact, to me it looked kind of hairy.  Because of this, I didn't originally purchase the Zoya Gems and Jewels Collection when it was released back in November of 2011.  Fast forward a month and I won a Twitter contest held by Glamour Magazine and Zoya and won the whole collection!


I was so excited!  So, even though I'm late on these swatches and reviews, hopefully you enjoy them!  Below you will see each other foils followed by their corresponding bar glitter!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Zoya Izzy

First up is Izzy, which I surprisingly loved!  I say surprisingly because I'm not really a pink person but this magenta is gorgeous!  Practically a one coater but I did 2 for full coverage and it looks gorgeous!  The foil finish is just perfect!



Above:  2 coats Izzy under 1 coat Kissy

Kissy is the matching polish to Izzy.  Kissy is small pink glitter with pink, purple, silver and holographic bar glitter.  While it does look a bit hairy to me, I kind of love it!  It's so festive and fun!  Plus it matches so perfectly with Izzy, what's not to love?




Above:  2 coats of Noel

Please excuse my lobster hands above!  I was still figuring out my lightbox!  Noel is a gorgeous medium blue with lots of silver foil.  I love it!  This was truly opaque in 2 coats but I added a second for good measure.  I love that you can really see the silver in this polish but it's definitely still blue!



Above:  1 coat of Twila over two coats of Noel

Noel is similar in consistency to Kissy however it's all blue glitter, both small round glitter and larger bar glitter, with the slightest hint of holographic bar glitter.  I would have liked the holographic to be a bit more pronounced and maybe seen another color, like purple mixed in, because all the blue to me just looks like hair blue nail polish!  I really wanted to love this polish but I think it was my least favorite of the collection.



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Holly

Holly was definitely my favorite foil of this collection.  It's a beautiful, deep, rich hunter green that just glows on the nail!  I seriously love this!  Perfectly opaque in 2 coats, so much pigment, this is the perfect holiday green!



Above:  1 coat Rina over 2 coats Holly

Rina is an almost all green glitter, with both small round green glitter and green bar glitter with just a hint of holographic bar glitter as well.  Even though it looks like hairy green, I kind of like it!  For some reason, this just works to me!

So there you have it, the Zoya Gems and Jewels Collection from Holiday 2011.  I love the foils and am slowly coming around to the bar glitter!  Zoya nail polishes are available on their website and are $8 each!

What did you think of this collection?  Any dupes?  Any must haves for you?

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Twila & Rina!! They are my personal faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win! I bought these late, too--that's the great thing about Zoya, they don't discontinue things so quickly as other lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was super excited! And yes, Zoya is such a great company!

      Delete
  3. I was late to the party on these also..I ended up getting the bar glitters last month and don't regret it! They are so much better in person than any other swatches I saw online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are definitely ones that pictures can't do justice for!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your win! I ordered these and went off for an unexpected super long extended post op stay. Got home after ~9 weeks and this set was waiting for me but long gone was Xmas. Nice part of these is they don't scream holiday to me except for the green one - that's holiday or St. Patty's day to me only but then unlike many of you, I am just not one of the major green polish super fans. I am getting more liberal on that count however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And congrats on getting more into greens! It's a gorgeous color for nails if you find the right one for your skin tone!

      Delete
  5. Congrats! I love the colors but have such a hard time with those long glitter flash pieces, it feels like they're even more difficult to remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you're right, they are harder to remove, but I think they can be fun for every once in awhile!

      Delete
  6. I love the colors and the matching glitters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the idea of it, I always like when companies do colors and matching glitters!

      Delete
  7. I really like the Rina and Holly combo- it looks like grass lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESSSSSSS love Rina over Holly! Perfect for St. Patrick's Day.. even though these colors are from a holiday collection. Zoya never specified WHICH holiday ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...