Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dr.'s REMEDY Holiday 2011 Jolly and Joy Collection Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers and happy new year to you all!  I will have another fun post later today but first I wanted to show you something that came out last month and I didn't get a chance to show you in 2011!  So, I figure one last holiday collection is a great way to kick off 2012!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Essential Emerald

Up first is the gorgeous ESSENTIAL Emerald.  This stunning shade of green has a ton of micro shimmer to it that I love!  It's perfectly opaque in two coats and the shimmer really gives it great dimension.  This was almost a one coater but two coats gives it the perfect pigmentation.




Above:  2 coats of REVIVE Ruby Red

Every holiday collection needs a perfect red and Dr.'s REMEDY got it right with REVIVE Ruby Red!  I love how deep this color is but it doesn't even come close to blackened territory!  The shimmer looks so festive and the opacity was amazing with two coats.  If this color doesn't scream "party!" then I don't know what would!  I love that this is a true red and doesn't get orange or blue as well!




Above:  2 coats of PASSION Purple

I had a bit of trouble capturing the true color of this polish but trust me when I say it's really pretty!  PASSION Purple is a bit magenta leaning which is what gives it a warm glow rather than a blue/purple look.  The shimmer is very festive and this color looks incredibly rich on the nails!  As usual, 2 coats gave it perfect opacity and it's so shiny even without top coat!




Above:  2 coats of RESOLUTION Red Glitter

A glitter!  I was so excited when I got the original press release for these colors that there was a glitter involved!  In fact not one, but two!  The first one I tried was RESOLUTION Red Glitter which is red, sliver and copper glitter all packed into one!  I love that the glitter was opaque in 2 coats but wasn't thick as some glitters can be!  The effect of the different shades makes it look almost like a warm pink but up close you can see the red.  Look at how sparkly it is in the last shot!





Above:  2 coats of SERENE Silver Glitter

Last but certainly not least is SERENE Silver Glitter.  I'm in love!  Silver, blue and purple glitter all in one?  It's like the perfect storm of glitter goodness!  Like RESOLUTION Red Glitter, SERENE Silver Glitter is opaque in 2 coats but not thick.  I love the effect of the different colors!  It's absolutely stunning and the perfect party polish! 

All in all, these polishes were great.  Dr.'s REMEDY formula is always fantastic and I love that they don't have toxic chemicals and the polish is actually good for your nails!  Dr.'s REMEDY retails for $17 and can be found on their website.  I think my favorites would be ESSENTIAL Emerald because it's just such a gorgeous green (and it doesn't make my skin look yellow like many greens can) and SERENE Silver Glitter because it's so unique!

What did you all think of this collection?  Did you pick any up when they first came out?  Any must haves for you?  Any dupes?

3 comments:

  1. Resolution and Serene are so beautiful! Especially serene...wow, if I look closes it has so much stuff in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essential Emerald is my favorite !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...