Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Look for Lacquered Lover and a Duochrome Flakie Matte Extravaganza!

Good afternoon my fellow Lacquered Lovers! Some exciting new stuff happening in Lacquered Lover world today! As I'm sure you've noticed if you are reading this blog post, Lacquered Lover got a polish change last night! The amazingly talented ladies from Mac & Mo redid the website for me and I love what they came up with! They are currently in the process of getting their own personal websites set up but if you'd like to contact them for any design or website inquiries (which you should because they are amazing to work with!) then shoot them an email at macandmo.design@gmail.com. Also if you'd like to see some of their other work, you can see Nicole's website HERE and Emily's website HERE!  Thanks again ladies, I think it looks amazing!

Along with the new layout/header/font, I see that I can now reply to comments directly!  So, if you are leaving comments, make sure you check back for a reply!  I'm also playing around with making the pictures larger!  Let me know what you think!

Now, to go along with my fabulous new website, I have a fabulous new manicure to show you!  Later this afternoon I'll show you all the pieces that went into it, but for now, I will show you a few pictures of the finished product!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Yes lacquered lover, it's a duochrome flakie matted manicure.  I'm obsessed with it!  I started off with one coat of Finger Paints Black Expressionism, my new favorite one coat black polish!  Next came one coat of Ozotics 506 which I will give a more in depth post on later today.  506 is a gorgeous blue to purple duochrome!  Then I added a new flakie, Picture Polish Festival on top before making the entire manicure matte!  I love how matte flakies look and am so glad I discovered that if you matte a duochrome, it's still a duochrome!

So there you have it, an all new Lacquered Lover with a fun new manicure!  I'm so excited with how far my little blog has come since starting it last May and thanks to all of you for sticking around for the ride!  I'd love to hear your feedback on the new site so feel free to comment below!

What do you think of the new site?  Do you like the matted flakie duochrome manicure?

29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. the color is pretty but a bit too dark for spring..

      Delete
    2. Too dark for spring? You do know its still January, correct?

      Delete
    3. @whirlwind.jenn What a crappy first comment. =/

      Delete
  2. Love the new layout, very cute. :)
    The polish combination is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flakies in matte, this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (sorry problems to post comment...I have to use the reply option...)

      I love your new layout!! and nice mani!!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love this mani! i did one similar and i love the matte look of duochrome and flakies! its looks perfect! it almost looks like leaves falling! super cool! PERFECT for winter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! I looked at yours as well, it looks gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. aww thank you :) this combo is just so gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. OMG Carly - It is GREAT - I LOOOOOOVVVEEEEE the new look - congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the new layout! It's minimalist with enough creativity to show through without overwhelming the nail photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new layout looks great! The detailed closeup shot of the matte flakies is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new design on the site looks great! It's an easy blog to navigate and it's not too cluttered.

    The mani is great too. Seeing a matte flakie is a welcome change from all the glossy flakie manis I've been seeing lately and I'm glad that matte doesn't take away from duochomes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love matte flakies lately! It just gives such a different look! And I was so excited to find out that making a duochrome matte still makes it a duochrome!

      Delete
  9. The layout is spiffy! I really like your new header-- looks like it's straight out of a fashion mag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love what the lovely ladies at Mac & Mo came up with for me!

      Delete
  10. Lovely!!! I wonder what my Fantasy Fire or Clarins would look like matted with flakies? I might try tomorrow!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! I'm sure it'll be gorgeous!

      Delete
  11. LOVING the new layout! Matte with flakies is SO on my To Do List! I just added this to my Pinterest so I remember to try it with a duochrome! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE THE NEW LOOK! LOOKS GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this one - you macro shot really shows this one off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to know duochromes don't lose the magic when they are matted. I found out recently that mattifying kills holos, and just leaves you with the underlying color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...