Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Layering Day 2 - OPI Russian Navy with Zoya Maisie and Finger Paints Asylum!

Good morning my fellow Lacquered Lovers!  In keeping with the layering theme, and the flakie theme, today I have another layered flakie!  And yes, it's over dark blue again.  What can I say?  I love dark blue nail polish!  OPI Russian Navy is one of my all time favorite polishes actually.  I've had it for years, it was one of the first "different" nail polishes I bought, meaning one that wasn't red or pink!  It's an old classic that I gave a bit of a twist to with not one, but two different flakies layered over it!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




So here is what you are looking at:  2 coats of OPI Russian Navy, a gorgeous deep navy blue with purple shimmer, topped with one coat of Zoya Maisie, a blue with slight green flakie, and all that topped with Finger Paints Asylum, a red and blue flakie!  Oh, and I used Essie Matte About You to matte the entire manicure except my ring finger which I left shiny!  Matte flakies is truly one of my favorite manicure looks!  I love all the different colors and different sized flakies in this manicure!  I have yet to find a flakie and dark blue combination I don't love!

What do you guys think of this manicure?  Too many flakies or not enough?  Are you a fan of Russian Navy like I am?

7 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...