Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dior Garden Party Spring 2012 - Vernis Featuring Forget Me Not and Waterlily Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  For this afternoon's post, I have the latest polishes released by the House of Dior.  Dior's entire Spring 2012 makeup line is called Garden Party and is full of pastels and floral themes.  One of the biggest themes for the nail polish is the fact that they are scented!


Ah look at those beauties!  But scented?  I personally am not a fan of ANYTHING scented.  I am very sensitive to smells and don't even use scented hand lotion, so I wasn't sure how I would feel about these polishes.  But now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not is a gorgeous, red based grape purple shade.  It has a hint of dustiness to it that really makes it beautiful and it's a bit darker than a lot of the purple popping up this spring so it's fairly unique in that sense!  As usual with Dior, the formula was perfect, it had a ton of pigment and was fully opaque in 2 coats.




Above:  2 coats of Waterlily

I am in love with Waterlily!  It's a gorgeous, minty green that has a blue base so it doesn't make me look yellow and it's packed with a fine shimmer that almost looks pearly!  It's stunning.  Fully opaque in 2 coats, tons of pigment, great formula, this is one of the best mint green polishes I have ever seen!

So, we all know that I think Dior makes a spectacular product, but here is why I can't keep these polishes.  I find that the "scent" which is supposed to be roses is simply overpowering.  At first, I thought it was just when it was wet that the smell would be so strong so I swatched these both on a nail wheel, put top coat on them, and let them sit overnight.  The smell was still so strong the next day I had to throw the nail wheel out.  Now, keep in mind that I know I am very sensitive to scented products and that I always smell things very strongly, but the boyfriend, who has no issue with scents, thought it was fairly strong as well.  So, if you don't mind getting a strong whiff of a very perfume scented flower every time you have your hands near your face, then these colors are absolutely stunning and a dream to apply.  However if you are someone who is not into scents, flowers or perfume, I'd recommend skipping these and buying one of the other amazing Diors that isn't scented.  Since these polishes are Limited Edition, they are being sold for $23 and are available at Nordstrom, Dior's website and most Dior counters.

What do you think of these polishes?  Any dupes?  Any must haves?  What do you think of scented polishes?

9 comments:

  1. I find with scented polishes, I REALLY have to like the scent. They all seem to be quite potent and even if I like the scent, after a day they can start to give me headaches...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scented polish is a fun idea but I'm just not a fan of that kind of thing. They are pretty colours though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I completely agree with the above comment about the headaches!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh I would love to try these. I love a strong scent. Let me know if you want to swap for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are gorgeous but anything floral scented is definitely not for me. Super pretty pics though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also would like to try these, but i´m not very fond of the strong scent thing. But the colors are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the waterlily too! I'm not a fan of smelly stuff either! Not a good selling point for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great swatches Carly and I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...