Monday, January 9, 2012

Zoya True Collection for Spring 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you all had a lovely weekend!  I had a fabulous time getting acquainted with my new light box so you'll have to tell me how you like my new pictures!  I'm very excited to finally have fully color accurate pictures!  So I took the chance this weekend to swatch a ton of polishes, and the first set I did was the new Zoya True Collection for Spring 2012. 

Last week I did a preliminary post of the colors swatched on a nail wheel but today you'll get the full post!  Also check back later for the Fleck Collection!  And now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  2 coats of Zoya Cho

First up we have Cho!  Now I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this one since nudes are generally not my thing but I kind of like this!  There is a very subtle shimmer to it and it has this toasted marshmallow look to it that I like!  It also doesn't make my hands look weird like a lot of nudes do, plus it was fully opaque in 2 coats and had great pigmentation so I'm a fan!  Finally a nude I might actually wear!



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Farah

Farah is another nude from the True Collection, however it's much more beige and grey based for cooler toned girls.  It's not a color I really wear too often but the application was superb and it actually looks cute with some of the flecks!  I will show you later how you can really change the color and how it's a great base!




Above:  2 coats of Zoya Bevin

I love Bevin.  There, I said it.  Bevin is a gorgeous dusty sage color that doesn't make my skin look yellow!  It's awesome!  I love this color for spring because it's muted but has a gorgeous and different color tone to it!  The formula is great on this polish as well, fully opaque in 2 coats and lots of pigment to give a great color!


Above:  2 coats of Zoya Skylar

Skylar is a stunning slate blue with tones of grey and silver shimmer packed in!  I love it!  It's always fun when a shimmer is really apparent in a polish but not overpowering like a glitter can be.  Skylar balances that line perfectly!  I love that it's shimmery without being too in your face and the grey in the blue gives it a dusty and muted look that is gorgeous.  This one is a real winner!


 Above:  2 coats of Zoya Tru
Above:  Macro shot of Zoya Tru

Zoya true is a gorgeous warm toned purple that's packed with gold and red flecks!  I love it!  It's so unique, I definitely do not have a dupe of this in my collection.  I just love it when Zoya does flecks, truly no other company has perfected it like they can!  This purple is warm and light enough to be worn in spring and summer but dark enough to wear all year round!  Like all the others, fully opaque in two coats and simply gorgeous!


 Above:  2 coats of Zoya Lotus
Above:  macro shot of Zoya Lotus

For those of you who prefer cooler tones, Zoya Lotus is for you!  This dusty purple is definitely blue based but has pink flecks in it so really make it interesting!  Like Tru, I definitely do not have a dupe for this and love that while it's cool toned, it still looked nice on me! 

All in all, I love this collection!  I like that they have both warm and cool toned so there is something for everyone and all the colors seem very unique!  These colors will be released on January 13th through Zoya's website and are definitely worth getting!  Stay tuned later to see my swatches of the Fleck Collection!

What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes that you know of?

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get Tru and Lotus they look awesome! I'm getting the flecks too so I can't wait to see your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skylar, Tru, and Lotus are gorgeous. They sort of remind me of some OPI Holland colors that should be released soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to like here, but I can't help thinking I have dupes or near dupes for most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like these a lot! But I agree about the dupes. Skylar definitely could pass for Butter London Victoriana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skylar is my favorite from this collection. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colors. I like Skylar and Tru.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Carly! I am looking forawrd to this collection, it is very similar to the holland collection that is coming out soon as well....Oh and the pictures...they are un-bright. very dim I guess....the pictures of lotus are a little better, brightness wise....not that i am an expert or anything, just my two cents :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish my nails were as famous as yours, Carly! Your pictures are AMAZING!!! You can really see the difference with the light box!

    I'll be sure to tell all the Lacquered Lovers in my life about the new Zoya collection, and where they can see the best review for it online before it's even out in stores! Keep swatching!

    XOXO
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need Bevin. Just plain need Bevin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all! I really like nude colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with KarenD! Seems to me these colors have all been done before. No excitement for me at least.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...