Friday, January 20, 2012

Fun Friday Featuring Wine Grapes AND My 200th Post!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I just saw as I was about start writing this post that this will be my 200th post!  That's so exciting!  Who would have thought 7 months ago that I'd write 200 posts and still be going strong?  Thanks to everyone who has been along for this awesome journey!  I have a ton of fun doing this blog, working hard to make it better, and writing fun posts for you all to read!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




So I decided to try some nail art last night!  I love wine so a wine glass or bottle seemed like a great idea.  Then I remembered that my nails were super short now and it wouldn't fit so grapes it is!  Wine is very special to me since my dad is the person who got me into wine (Hi Dad!) and my amazing boyfriend AJ and I met while working in a wine shop together!  (Hi AJ!)  So as you can see, wine and I have a very deep and meaningful relationship.  I even got my sommelier certification 2 years ago!


Above:  Macro shot of the grapes

Above:  Macro shot of Razzle Dazzle

So I chose Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle for the main base because it's fairly wine colored and also used that to make the grapes!  I also love how sparkly it is!  Look at all that glitter!  It was fully opaque in two coats.  I kind of like that on the grapes they are a tiny bit sheer, it makes them look juicy!  To make the contrast in the grapes, I just mixed a little white or black into Razzle Dazzle before dotting it.  The accent nail is a base of Zoya Cho and the little leaves are China Glaze Starboard.




Above:  Look!  I did it on my left hand too!  (Don't mind the broken ring finger nail!)

Above:  Macro shot of grapes on left hand


So there you have it!  Wine grapes!  I thought this was a super fun manicure and am glad it worked out to be my 200th post!  I absolutely adore every color I used in it and I think the grapes look pretty cute!  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and get excited for some really fun stuff to come this week!  Thanks again for reading and I look forward to the next 200 posts!


What do you think of this manicure?  Would you like to see a tutorial?

12 comments:

  1. I love it! Wine and nail polish, two of my favorite things as well. Congrats on your 200th post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! Congrats on 200 posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that's adorable! I love it! The colors are awesome! And Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 200! A lot of work and much appreciated out here in web land. I am in love with Razzel Dazzle - so much so I got a 2nd bottle (by accident). Cho makes a perfect base for your grapes. It's got this yellow color to it that makes it look like it's a chip out of an old pottery tile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! This makes me want a nice warm glass of red wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable mani! I have a little grapes image on one of my bundle monster plates and it isn't nearly as cute as this one. Pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome mani! I definitely want some wine lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! I love the color is so rich! I adore your nail art! It really looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...