Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Illamasqua Force, MILF & Jo'Mina Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a great Wednesday!  Today I have some gorgeous colors from the Illamasqua core collection to show you!  Illamasqua is a brand that I never really thought to buy until I started to blog but once I did, I fell in love!  Their formula is fantastic and totally worth the $14 price tag at Sephora.  So now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  1 coat of Illamasqua Force
First up is Illamasqua Force.  This color is gorgeous!  And it's a one coater!  Force is a deep cornflower blue shade that is super pigmented!  In certain lights it has a bit of a purple undertone and other times it looks almost electric blue!  I'm in love!  This is one of the best creme polishes I have ever owned!  In fact, the manicure I'm wearing right now uses it as a base!  If you don't already own this and love blues, this is a polish you need.


Above:  2 coats of Illamasqua MILF

Illamasqua certainly has a way with names, don't they?  MILF is a dusty mint green.  I always love mint greens but rarely can I wear them since they can make my hands look yellow.  Luckily, this is not the case with MILF!  It doesn't wash me out and is a great spring color!  The formula on MILF is great, opaque in two coats, no streaks and just looks very pretty on!



Above:  2 coats of Illamasqua Jo'Mina

Now I've seen a few different posts on Jo'Mina and I was expecting a much brighter purple but I still love the version I got!  Jo'Mina is a gorgeous lilac creme.  Unlike many lilacs which can get streaky, Jo'Mina applied perfectly with two coats!  I love that it's a brighter lilac, unlike many of the more washed out lavenders I've seen in the last few years.  This is another perfect for Spring color!

As usual, I loved all these polishes.  So far I have not found an Illamasqua I don't like!  The colors are opaque and pigmented, the formulas apply really well and the names make me giggle.  Illamasqua is available at Sephora for $14.  I can't wait to see what they come out with for 2012!

What did you think of these polishes?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

*These polishes were sent to me for my unbiased review.  If you'd like more information, please see the disclosure policy above.

10 comments:

  1. Force is my fav, love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! My favorite is Jo'Mina, but I think piCture pOlish Wisteria is pretty close and I have that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think they are all very pretty, i still have yet to try this brand but i hope i do soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had the opportunity to try any Illamasqua but I'm dying to! I'll have to pass an order sooner or later cos they look really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Force...looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo'Mina is one of my all time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them all! But the green and purple are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shades! I liked all three :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love Illamasqua polish! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 for 3 - these are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...