Friday, January 20, 2012

Layering Day 5 - OPI Nicki Minaj Collection Featuring Fly, Save Me and Super Bass Shatter

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today, for day 5 of Layering Week, I have a couple of the polishes I picked up from OPI's Nicki Minaj Collection that was recently released.  I picked out 4 out of the 6 polishes that were released and today thought I'd show you two different layering combinations using a base of Fly!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!

Above:  2 coats of Fly

I started with Fly, the only one of the cremes that stood out to me enough to buy from this collection!  I wish my camera photographed how teal it is, because it's looking much more blue in my photograph, but in real life there is a lot more green to it!  It has a great dusty quality to it that prevents it from looking neon and I just really like this creme!  It was perfectly opaque in 2 coats and is very pigmented so it's a great spring polish in my opinion!




Above:  2 coats of Fly, one coat of Save Me

So the first layering combination I tried was with Save Me and Fly.  Save Me is small silver microglitter that has blue and holographic bar glitter in it!  I'm just not sure how I feel about bar glitter.  It looks "hairy" to me, kind of like glitter exploded and got stuck in something.  I like the colors and I like the idea, but the execution just doesn't do it for me.







Above:  2 coats of Fly, 1 coat of Super Bass Shatter

Now this is a combination I can get behind!  I will be honest, I haven't worn a shatter manicure in a really long time, but I kind of love this one!  Super Bass Shatter is a dark purple shatter that has some glitter in it!  And, depending on the base color, it can go from fuchsia to magenta to dark purple!  Plus it cracks super well unlike some other shatters (I'm looking at you Turquoise Shatter!)  I really liked the look of this!  The teal and the purple are a great combination and it's just super fun!

So there you have it, a couple of layering options with the Nicki Minaj Collection.  What do you guys think of these colors?  Are you a fan of bar glitter?  Are you over Shatter or still loving it?

7 comments:

  1. Pretty combinations! I used Save Me and Fly today, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the deep rich color of super bass but I am over the shatter ... and I can't fully decide on the bar glitter but I think I dislike it more than I like it ... if that makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like bar glitter either.
    Fly looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your combos...I really haven't gotten into the shatters, but I like the color of this one...also the bar glitters are really effective when they are by themselves and sparse...then they make a true impact!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did this layering and over did on mine - I came out with really hairy nails from the bar glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crackle! The colors work great together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...