Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Essie Armed & Ready and Play Date Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a fabulous Tuesday today!  I'm going to keep this short and sweet today and show you 2 out of 3 of the Essie Go Overboard Collection!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




 Above:  2 coats of Armed & Ready in artificial light
  Above:  2 coats of Armed & Ready with flash
 Above:  2 coats of Armed & Ready macro

Armed & Ready is a gorgeous olive green that has golden and a hint of pink shimmer to it!  I love it!  I can honestly say that I do not have any dupes of this shade1  I love how rich it is but also how the shimmer is hidden unless the light hits it.  This shade is just gorgeous!  The formula is great, fully opaque in 2 coats and full of pigment!



 Above:  2 coats of Play Date in artificial light
Above:  2 coats of Play Date with Flash

I love Play Date!  I dont' even know how to describe it!  A bright lilac?  It's kind of a pastel purple but at the same time, it's bright!  Not neon bright, but definitely a bright, light purple.  Can anyone with more color knowledge help me out?  I just know that it's a gorgeous light bright purple creme for spring and I love it!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats, and I just think this is super pretty!


The Essie Go Overboard Collection also features a dark teal creme that's not pictured here.  I've seen this collection wherever Essie is available and generally retails for $8.  I think this is a great mini collection from Essie and I really like both colors I got!

What do you think of these colors?  Any dupes?  Any must haves?

9 comments:

  1. How did I miss Armed and Ready? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to have Armed & Ready im getting in to darker colours with flashes of gold.....its so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEing Play Date. I did not get Armed & Ready as I feel I had a lot of interesting dark polishes that have 'stuff' in them but it's really hard to see but for macro shots and perfect lighting. I keep looking for the blue Overboard - it seems it does not even have a spot for it in the display I have seen here in my town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these and they are already on my wishlist. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Armed and Ready so badly now! Love it! Thanks for swatching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Play Date! If you have Shine of the Times, try it over Play Date. I LOVED them together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this Armed and Ready and Go Overboard! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...