Monday, March 12, 2012

BB Couture Girls On Tape Collection Spring 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I'm finally feeling better this week so that means LOTS of polishes for you all to see!  Today will (hopefully) have two post so keep your eyes open!  First up is my first experience with the brand BB Couture!


BB Couture generally releases 2 collections of 6 polishes each at a time, a Women's line and a Men's line!  Today I'm showing you their Spring Collection for Women called Girls on Tape.  Each of these polishes is named for a famous movie about women!  I love the idea behind this!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of African Queen

First up is African Queen, a beautiful medium green with blue and silver shimmer in it.  I love that this isn't so insanely bright that it hurts your eyes but it's also not a pastel!  Can I make up a name for this and call it a "spring green?"  I like that the shimmer is subtle but since it's a different color than the base, it gives it a really interesting finish.  This polish was opaque in 2 coats and no issues applying it!




Above:  2 coats of Black Widow

Black Widow was really hard to photograph so forgive me.  Black Widow is a very blackened purple.  The photographs are showing up mostly black but in real life, you can mostly tell that it's a very, very dark purple with red glitter in it.  Due to the red glitter, it gives off a warmer feel to it than a typical dark color which is pretty cool, but I wish it was a bit lighter so you could really see it was purple.  Like the others, this shade is opaque in 2 coats!




Above:  2 coats of Carrie

Carrie is by FAR my favorite polish of this collection!  But am I the only one that think Carrie should have been a red?  Anyway, Carrie is a gorgeous deep blue polish that's packed with lighter blue and a hint of pink shimmer!  I love how much depth this polish has!  It's absolutely stunning in real life!  Like the other polishes, this is opaque in 2 coats and has a ton of pigment!




Above:  2 coats of Gidget

Gidget is one of those dusky rose colors that reminds me of my Grandma.  Not necessarily in a bad way, just to me, it's the type of pink that I see on a lot of older women!  What makes it a bit younger to me is the sparse multi-colored glitter in it!  I like that the glitter makes it unique and a little spunky!  Gidget was opaque in 2 coats and has lots of pigment!




Above:  2 coats of Happy Hooker

I'm having a weird love affair with light and bright pinks this Spring!  Happy Hooker is one of my favorites from this collection!  Happy Hooker is a bright pink that's blue based (aka on the cooler side) that has a lot of tiny, multi colored glitter strewn throughout it.  I love how the glitter makes it almost look three dimensional!  I think this is a fabulous Spring shade!  Opaque in 2 coats and lots of color pop!




Above:  2 coats of Pretty Woman

Pretty Woman is probably one of my favorite movies of all time.  One of my best friends growing up would make me watch it virtually every time I went to her house!  As much as I love the movie, I really like the polish as well!  Pretty Woman is a raspberry pink, definitely a LOT of red tones, and has the same multi colored tiny glitters as the other pinks in this collection.  Fully opaque in 2 coats and lots of pigment, this one is a winner to me!

All in all, I really liked my first experience with BB Couture!  As the polishes dried, I could see that they were a bit rough, but nothing that top coat can't smooth out!  BB Couture retails for $9.99.  I look forward to trying more in the future!  I hear they make mattes and can't wait to try some!

What did you think of these polishes?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?


Please note these polishes were sent to me for my unbiased review.  See Disclosure Policy for any additional information.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Hooker is pretty! Not a fan of the name though, lol!! I really need to give this brand a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swatches are great but man, those colors are just awful, IMO. They didn't look great to me in the bottle. I thought maybe they transfer well on the nail but yikes, they don't. :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love Happy Hooker.. for the color and the name

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving Happy Hooker and African Queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...