Monday, May 5, 2014

RickyColor The Pastel Opal Collection Skittles Manicure!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Monday to you all!  I hope you're all having a lovely week so far!  The sun is shining, it's finally feeling like Spring, and that means bright nail polish is on the horizon!  The lovely people over at one of my favorite NYC stores, Ricky's, sent me over their newest collection of RickyColor nail polishes and they are FABULOUS!  Now, without further ado, onto the polish!


These shades are BRIGHT!  RickyColor calls them pastel but I think they are more of a pastel neon.  This collection consists of three cremes and an iridescent glitter topper which I will test out soon for you all.  The blue is called BBCS at Cyrils and is the most muted of the bunch.  It's an almost dusty blue that had a great formula and was opaque in 2 coats.  The green is called Hudson Valley Getaway and is an almost neon mint green.  I'm kind of obsessed with it and had a great formula of being opaque in 2 coats.  Last but most certainly not least is the the pink Night at the Stalkhouse which is an almost neon salmon shade.  The formula on this was also opaque in 2 coats.

All in all, I was really impressed by this collection!  Usually pastels can be streaky or hard to apply but I had no issues with any of these.  The color payoff was so bright, the formulas easy to use, and they even made my super pale hands look tan!  Just for fun, I added Butter London Anorak on top:


All of these shades are now available at Ricky's stores and online for $6.50 each!

What did you think of these colors?  Would you try it?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

2 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...