Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Patriotic Manicure for July 4th!

I know, I know, I'm a day late with this one! Sorry! I was house/dog sitting for my parents this weekend with the boyfriend so I actually didn't change my polish for two whole days! Then we went to Target and the local beauty supply shop where I bought new polishes (more to come on that later) and we didn't get back to NYC until last night. So, my July 4th manicure lasted for about an hour while we ate dinner and then I changed it again! Anyway, here is my version of an "American Manciure."



These are all the polishes I used for this manicure. From left to right: China Glaze Hey Sailor, Wet and Wild White Creme, OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue, OPI Red Shatter, OPI White Shatter, OPI Blue Shatter. I started off with one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails and then two coats of the non-shattered polishes.



As you can see, I did the thumb and pinkie red, the ring and pointer fingers white and the middle fingers blue. Then I decided to add a shatter to each nail as well.



Voila! An American Manicure. I do love my shatters and this seemed like a great way to use a bunch of them!

What'd you do for your July 4th manicures?

5 comments:

  1. cute :D i would love my shatter too.. if it worked lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a white base with half and half blue and red shatter. It created a great effect. So thankful for shatters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a simple beautiful 4th mani . I like it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanna let you know that we love your blog and we've tagged you with the Kreativ Blogger award here:
    http://accropolish.blogspot.com/2011/07/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. @belle - thanks! And what's wrong with your shatter? Is it not cracking properly? My first bottle of Silver Shatter did that, so disappointing!

    @thenailaholic - that's a cute idea! Isn't Shatter the best?

    @Toyomi - Thanks! I just wanted something fun and since I can't do nail art, shatters work best!

    @ Honey_lili - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...