Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zoya Ivanka and Apple - Layering!

First things first, I got my boot off my broken foot today! Yay! I have to be in sneakers for a few weeks but after spending 6 weeks in a giant boot up to my knee, this is awesome! And just in time for me to go on vacation this weekend!

Now, on to nail polish! I love Zoya nail polishes. I think they are just great colors, great formulas and I'm obsessed! I have over 30 in my collection now! However, I did have one I had never swatched! Zoya Ivanka from the Sparkle collection. I'd say this color is a bit lighter than an emerald but has this great combination of foil and glass fleck for the finish. It's sparkly and bright and gorgeous! It's a bit sheer, however the picture I have with the flash below makes the visible nail line much more noticable than it is in person. Here is two coats over Sally Hansen Hard as Nails:


Without Flash above


With Flash Above

Gorgeous green! I don't know why I waited so long to swatch this, but I loved it! I thought I could use a third coat of polish, but I felt like layering so I picked another gorgeous green I have, Zoya Apple from the Sunshine Collection. Apple is basically the exact color of green apples (perfect name choice) with a very strong gold shimmer in it. It's light and bright and gorgeous. So I decided to put a layer of Apple over Ivanka to see how it turned out:


Without Flash Above


With Flash Above

As you can see, Apple added a bit of brightness to Ivanka. While these colors are similar, they are definitely not dupes. Ivanka is a deeper green with more of a blue base while Apple is a lighter green and has more of a yellow/gold base. Here they are side by side:


Ivanka is on the left and Apple is on the right.

All in all, I LOVE these colors! While the formula is a bit sheer (as are most glass fleck finishes) it builds up to opaque in three coats and dries smooth. I love how layering Apple over Ivanka gives it a gold sheen!

What are your favorite glass fleck polishes? Have you layered any Zoya glass fleck polishes? What's your favorite combination?

6 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that's it - I NEED Ivanka - so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Colors! Will have to try one or the other ! or both! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! (PS I'm loving how you organize your polishes... Mine are a mess! The numbers must helps TONS!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! They are both such awesome colors, and you can win Ivanka in my new giveaway!

    @thenailaholic - the numbers are really for my nail wheels where I have everythign swatched and it corresponds to my spreadsheet! Really helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...