Friday, July 22, 2011

Butter London Lady Muck and Nicole by OPI Make a Comet-Ment

First of all, let me say thanks to everyone who follows me! The blog is at over 300 followers and that's just so awesome! Now, on to the nail polish.

I was having NADD and couldn't decide what color to do so my fabulous boyfriend went into a huge pile of untrieds that I have and came back with two polishes, Butter London Lady Muck and Nicole by OPI Make a Comet-Ment. I wanted Lady Muck since it came out as part of the Spring/Summer 2011 collection and I saw it swatched because I love grey shades! I found it at Ricky's NYC last week and it's just so pretty!





Keep in mind that my camera is making the color slightly more grey than it is in real life, but this color is GORGEOUS! The application was great, went on opaque in two coats. It's a light dusty grey with a ton of shimmer in it and it leans towards cornflower blue a tiny bit. Now since I LOVE to do an accent, I did the ring finger in Nicole by OPI Make a Comet-Ment which is silver glitter in a clear base with a bit of holographic sparkle that shows up without the flash. The picture below is a bit blurry to show you how holographic it is.



I love both of these colors! They are both fairly unique in my collection, Lady Muck definitely has more blue and more shimmer than any other light grey I have and Make a Comet-Ment is not a linear holographic but more scattered and just adds a bit of bling! Now I'm excited to go home later because I have a ton of polishes coming in the mail including new Deborah Lippman Glitters and new Butter Londons as well as my first MAC, Dior, Nars and Illamasqua polishes so expect lots of swatches and pictures next week!

What do you all think of grey polishes? Do you have any Butter London or Nicole by OPI that are must haves? Do you love holographic accent nails as much as I do?

11 comments:

  1. I like the holo in the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This grey is really pretty, I do like a bit of grey polish but don't own enough :) The accent nail is a really nice choice too, very glittery and nice colours in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've officially read your entire blog from start to finish! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely manicure, I love the accent nail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try Butter London. I think it's you or maybe another lacquer lover that I see posting about this nail polish. Very nice color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a really nice colour !!! :D i really love those colours with grey undertones yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies! It's funny, I was really NOT a fan of Butter London at first (Teddy Girl was my first and I was NOT a fan of how streaky it was) but every other one I've tried is amazing!

    Plus the sparkle holographic top coat is just always fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...