Friday, July 8, 2011

My First Konad! Holographic and Leopard!

A few weeks ago I became very curious about Konad stamping. A lot of the lovely ladies over at Polish-Aholics Anonymous, a facebook group where we can all indulge our nail polish obsession, do some amazing nail art and I wanted to get in on it! I don't have the steadiest hand to free hand designs, so I went on Amazon and bought a Konad stamped and a few plates that all came in a pack with 3 bottles of their special stamping nail polish. I love everything leopard, so I decided my first try would be the leopard stamp! None of the black polishes I had were opaque enough, so I had to use their blue, and of course I completely forgot to take a picture of my gorgeous holo manicure before, but here was the end result:




I promise to take more pictures of the process next time! I have a base of Nfu-Oh 62which is a beige holo on all nails (3 coats over CND Stickey) except for the ring finger, which was Nfu-Oh 66, a really pretty green holo. After practicing my konad application on the boyfriend a few times, I finally felt comfortable enough to try it! It was VERY messy at first and required a lot of clean up (and still wasn't perfect) and I was a bit disappointed that the design didn't cover my whole thumb, but all in all, I think it looked pretty fun!

Do you ladies Konad? What are your favorite polished to use with it? Any tips or tricks?

15 comments:

  1. Turned out great! I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a mani with this plate a while ago and I love it, I even like yours better than mine. I think its cute that this design was both of our first Konad attempts hahaha is it me or does the special Konad polish stain your skin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh congrats on the konading. ehh i'm so bad at it that i kinda gave up. i'm too coffee jittery to get it right. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job for your first try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's gorgeous ! I need to learn how to konad. and I need a holo polish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is beautiful! A holo with nail art, i must try that sometime~ Lovely look:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did really well my first try was sooo bad, i think it took me more like 5 tries to get something that looked this good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous blue and prints :)
    i need to jump on the konad too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies! It was so much fun to do! I can't wait to try out the zebra this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carly, i absolutely love this. Do you think it would be too much for the office?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...