Friday, July 29, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté 'Rock 'n' Romance' Mini Lacquer Set Swatches and Review

Happy Friday my fellow lacquered lovers! I have a treat for you (and me) today! A brand I've never tried before! This is another set I got from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale last week, Le Métier de Beauté 'Rock 'n' Romance' Mini Lacquer Set. I will be honest, I never heard of this brand before last week but now I am glad I did! This set is absolutely stunning!


From left to right: Midnight Rendevous, Heat of the Night, True Romance, Chrome Passion.

This collection consists for 4 mini polishes (and they are definitely small) but gorgeous shades that are perfect for fall. Each shade has some sort of shimmer to it and are rich, deeply pigmented shades.



Above: Midnight Rendezvous - 2 coats over one coat of Seche Vite Ridge Filler

Midnight Rendezvous is a beautiful midnight blue packed with silver shimmer. It's dramatic and intense and it was virtually opaque with one coat. I added a second coat just to smooth out any spots with cuticle drag. This is definitely a gorgeous blue and I don't have any other blues with this much silver in them that still look so dark!



Above: Heat of the Night - 2 coats over 1 coat Seche Vite Ridge Filler

Heat of the Night is a gorgeous blackened red filled with shimmer. This polish looks very multi dimensional because it almost looks black on the sides and like it's lit from within with red. I'd definitely call this a "black cherry" shade. It's absolutely stunning and definitely has more red to it than OPI Black Cherry Chutney which is one of my favorite blackened red shades.



Above: True Romance - 3 coats over 1 coat Seche Vite Ridge Filler

True Romance, while pretty, was definitely my least favorite of the bunch. This definitely didn't seem to go with the "Rock and Roll" theme of the rest of the collection nor is it a color I'd wear in the fall. True Romance is a metallic, almost pearl finished pale rose infused nude. I've definitely seen other shimmer nudes I prefer this year (the Zoya Touch collection for example) so True Romance fell a bit flat for me. It was also very streaky and took 3 coats for me to get an even look.



Above: Chrome Passion - 2 coats over 1 coat Seche Vite Ridge Filler

And now, the best for last! Chrome Passion is a stunning cross between gunmetal grey and chocolate that has holographic shimmer! So fun! I love holos, and I especially love an unexpected holo! I really want a full size bottle of this color, that's how much I love it. I love the grey/brown mix of this (could this be called mushroom or dark taupe?) and the holographic sparkle just really makes it pop!

This set is part of Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale and is $25.00. I honestly love 3 of the colors so much I'm thinking about getting a back up set or else I hope they release larger bottles so I can get Chrome Passion!

Has anyone tried Le Métier de Beauté before? What colors do you like? Are you a fan of this collection?

4 comments:

  1. ooo chrome passion is the best colour!
    i've never heard of this collection before but this is a great intro to them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought this-never tried this before-am going to have to rethink this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing! I will have to look for those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, really cool colors, I bet they would look amazing matte. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...